Chapter 28: I - Kisaragi Village

“Nami-chan, wake up." Naruto shook Nami and at the same, is at a protective stance. He knew what Nami does when she is woken up in the middle of her sleep in this time. Sasuke and Sakura knew too. That's why they did what they could do to occupy themselves and left Naruto the responsibility to wake her up. ‘Why do I have to wake up last?! That bastard-Sasuke!’ Naruto thought while making faces.

"Nami-cha--" He suddenly stopped when he saw Nami's eyes flutter open. Naruto jumped a good meter away from her, anticipating any of her attack.

Nami slowly opened her eyes and adjusted with the light. Last night really took her energy away. She noted at herself to uncast the jutsu if ever she enters a nightmare or last night will happen again. She stretched her body causing her to hear some bones cracking. She yawned and sat up, rubbing her eyes to remove her sleepiness.

She saw her knucklehead best friend looking at her in a defensive position.

"What are you doing?" Nami asked, narrowing her eyes.

Naruto sighed in relief. He guessed he was safe that Nami woke up by herself. Nami has a habit of wrestling the person who is waking her up like she's trying to kill the person. He was a victim of it and his friends all saw it.

“Nah.” Naruto laughed and pretended that he was doing some exercise. “I am just warming up for today. Just doing some exercise.” Naruto lied.

Kakashi walked at them to check if his team was up so he can tell the plan if ever anything happens. He called for Sasuke and Sakura, he saw them hiding in a tree watching Naruto wake Nami up.

'What's up with these guys?' He asked himself questioningly.

Nami just shook her head at Naruto’s alertness. She started cleaning her things up and put it on her bag. The rest of the team started cleaning up their stuffs too. They need to continue on their way to the village as soon as possible or else they can hear an earful from Tsunade.

 Nami’s hair was tied into their usual bun again. With fringes and bangs framing her face and covering her forehead protector. Her team was finally used to her covering her forehead protector like that.

Each of them sat on the ground in a circle, their backpacks slinged on their backs. A map is flattened on the ground from them to see where are they now and the distance they need to still travel to arrive.

"So this is the plan--" Kakashi started but soon stopped when he heard Nami shout:

"JUMP!"

All of them followed her and jumped. Kakashi, on instinct, snatched the map from where it was. As soon as their feet were off the ground the place where they were sitting on exploded.

Naruto and Sasuke landed into a branch of the tree. Sakura was on the ground searching for the enemy. Each of them pulled out a kunai if anyone ever attacks them.  

There were three people. A girl and two guys watched the three genin from a safe distance. Each of them was scattered, away from each other.

The girl had a brown hair tied into a ponytail. Her green orbs are narrowed on the three genin close to her. Her name is Mami.

The first boy had a violet hair that fell to his thin but strong shoulders. His eyes had the same color with his hair. His name is Sho. He is the captain of that squad.

The last boy wore an expressionless face much like Sasuke’s. He has black eyes but his hair is white that contradicts his eye's color. His name is Chi.

Chi's eyes widened a little when a kunai was placed on his throat. He didn't expect that one. He didn't feel any chakra signatures nor did he feel a presence close to him.