Chapter 6. The very first Team.

I jumped out of bed as I see the sunlight pouring in my room. I'm late! I snatched my clothes from my closet and wore it in for just a second and ran downstairs.

When I was about to slam the door open, I suddenly felt a presence behind me. I whirled around, alert.

"Congratulations on becoming a ninja." My father greeted and threw something to me. I caught it with my left hand and looked at it. It is a heart-shaped locket that can be opened. Each half of it had a picture. The left picture is a replica of the photo I have on my room where Mother and Father were cuddling to each other and the right picture is when I was still a baby. A gift from us.

A grin spread to my face as I tackled him into a hug. "Whoa! Whoa! Thank you so much Papa!"

I suddenly stood up, kicking at the invisible dust on the ground. "Sorry about that."

Father coughed a laugh as I looked at him. "No need to be so Formal, Nana. You're a ninja now. Strict trainings are finished but I still have to guide you in your jutsus because of your illness. And, isn't it your group assignments today?"

"Oh! Right. Bye Father! Thanks for reminding me!"

I waved from my shoulder as I closed the door and sprinted towards the academy. What's with father? Did that mean everything will go back the way it was? He'll never be strict anymore?

I arrived inside the classroom and spotting Naruto grinning happily in the air. I searched for Iruka-sensei if he arrived. I sighed in relief knowing that I'm not late yet.

"Hey Naruto!" I greeted and sat at my usual seat, between Sasuke and Naruto.

He greeted back and went back on grinning happily in the air.

"Hey Sasuke." I poked his cheeks. He looked at me for a second and nodded. "Aww. You're not greeting me back?" I asked him, faking sadness.

"Fine. Morning." He sighed and I smiled.

"Hey. Why're you here? Today's meeting is only for those who graduated." Shikamaru asked, popping out of nowhere. He nodded at me. I nodded back, smiling.

"Can't you see my forehead protector? I'm a ninja starting today." Naruto told Shikamaru, still grinning.

Just as Naruto said that, we heard a commotion at the door. An awfully familiar pair of voices with their usual exchanges of words. It was Sakura and Ino. I'm sure they are racing on whoever arrives in the room first. I watched them as they took their own steps on the stairs in the middle of the classroom. I'm not in good terms with them since four years ago. I think it's because both of them likes Sasuke and I'm close to Sasuke. They don't want me being "close" to Sasuke and thinking that they are the only ones who have the right to be "close" to Sasuke. Not that I'm being overprotective of Sasuke. As I said earlier, I have a hobby of annoying people. So if I'm in the mood, I annoy them by talking and punching Sasuke playfully. I just find it weird on how they worship Sasuke like a God or something.

Naruto caught my attention when he looked at Sakura and started blushing.I punched him playfully on his rib and coughed a laugh as I looked at Sakura for a second. Emphasizing what I meant by that.

He frowned at me and looked elsewhere.

Naruto likes Sakura, but Sakura likes Sasuke and Sasuke likes no one.

Sakura went to our direction and pushed Naruto out of the way. I sighed and stood up, walking towards Naruto and pulling him to his feet.

"You okay Orange blob?" I asked as we looked back on where we are sitting earlier. Sasuke didn't even look. He just kept on staring forward like nothing is happening beside him.