Chapter 19. Sickness revealed

Nami's POV

I woke with the familiar beeping sounds of hospital-machines. All white surrounding me. I sat up making a sharp pain shoot through my chest and made me gasp for air.

Memories flooded through my mind and a lone tear escaped.

"It's the Hokage's last day of funeral today." I heard the nurse's voice and the tappings of shoes on the ground. "It's been a week since then.."

I pulled the needle out of my wrist, not caring for the blood that flowed. I stood up and swayed, leaning at the side table for support.

I need to go to the funeral.

I saw clothes on the cabinet, and wore it. A simple white shirt and black shorts. I saw a bandage on the table and decided to tie it up on where I pulled the needle out.

~

"Excuse me Auntie, can I get 3 roses? I will pay it when I get home."

"Nami-chan? What are you doing here? You're confined in the hospital, right?"

"Hehe." I laughed sheepishly, rubbing the back of my head. " I snuck out Auntie. I want to go to the funeral. " I told Ino's mom. I saw sadness flash through her eyes but she hid it with a smile.

" You know what? I'll give you this roses for free in exchange, bring this to lord Hokage for me. " Ino's mom added some, making it a beautiful mix of flowers.

"Okay. Thank you Auntie."

~

I arrived at the funeral, all their heads snapping to my direction and I avoided their gaze. Some, started whispering to each other that I was the one who was with the Hokage inside that barrier. 

That I was the one who failed to protect the Hokage.

-

3rd Person's POV

As if on cue, the rain started falling.

Nami went beside a crying Konohamaru who was beside Naruto and each of the genins started falling in line and put white flowers on the Hokage's picture.

Nami joined the line. Her chest becoming heavier and her stomach started tying to knots as she approached the Hokage's picture. A genuine smile displayed by him.

My grandfather. My hero. The Village's Leader. The strongest man I know from this world... gone. Nami thought.

She placed the flowers she was holding infront of the Hokage's picture. She stood there. Her vision blurred with her tears. The rain was hiding her tears. Everyone's tears.

Everyone was lost on their own thoughts of the Hokage and Nami just stood there, staring at her Grandpa-Hokage's picture.

Her unstoppable tears were streaming down her pale cheeks. She will never see her Grandpa's face again. She will never hear her Grandpa's laugh. Her Grandpa's advices. Her Grandpa's scolding voice and most importantly, Her grandpa's wrinkled smile that makes her feel everything will be alright.

All that, gone.

Two most important persons on her life, died infront of her.

"First was my father, now it's Grandpa.." Nami murmured, walking back beside Naruto. " I wish I could've done more. If only I helped more, Grandpa wouldn't die. It's all my fault."

Iruka heard Nami's last sentence. He ruffled her hair and made Nami surprised.

"It's not your fault, Nami-chan. Don't blame yourself. You've done more than enough."

Nami nodded, smiling a little. Nami rubbed her eyes from tears and faced a crying Konohamaru.

She placed her hands on Konahamaru's shoulder. She wiped his eyes and kissed his eyes. " Don't worry, Konohamaru. Everything is going to be alright. Stop crying. Okay?"