Chapter 39: He won!

I disappeared and followed my teammates, I kept alert, sensing if someone is following me or not. Making sure that Aoi didn't see me and followed me. I activated my ears and covered a lot of distance to make sure. He became a missing-nin on Konoha and I heard he lived on Amewagakure.

I stopped at one of the branch, hiding myself on the tree's leaves while watching the ninjas the other family hired. The three of them were wearing yellow suits, watching my team intently and laughing evilly. They were talking about getting revenge about my team kicking them out of the Chuunin exam. We didn't encounter them, right? But maybe I was unconscious then, when they fought them? I really can’t remember if we fought them back in the Chuunin exam.

The person at the middle said that he will stay behind to keep them from the finish line.

He casted a genjutsu at a certain place, where my team was headed. The three didn't even notice it because they were busy bickering with Idate. Thankfully, the guy who casted it followed his other teammates and left them. Team 7 together with Idate escaped the first genjutsu but not the second one. A genjutsu within a genjutsu.

"I got it." I shouted at my team as I passed by them. I jumped down and ran towards Idate, who was falling at the cliff, at full speed. I sent chakra at my feet so it would stick at the ground, running at the side of the cliff, towards Idate who was falling fast. I reached and grabbed his wrist yanking it towards me. I sent more chakra at my feet to keep us from slipping.

"What.are.you.doing? You should always keep your head up." I told him.

"Hmph!" He shrugged, avoiding eyecontact. I waited for Naruto to help me with Idate.

"Well that was close." I stretched when we were back at the top.

"Are you okay?" Sakura ran up to me.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Listen, I don't need any of your help." Idate mumbled that made my team glare at him.

"What are you saying? You almost died earlier!" Naruto exploded.

"How about you thank Nami-chan for saving you!" Sakura added.

"You only saved me because you were hired to do so!" Idate retorted, crossing his arms.

"What did you say?!" Naruto shouted, ready to jump at him.

"Stop it, Naruto.” Sasuke scolded then looked at Idate. “Just stay close to us if you don’t want to wind up dead."

"Listen, guys. Just keep alert everytime, alright? There’s no telling who we’re up against." I told them, they nodded at me. We need to be ready for Aoi just in case. I don’t know how strong he has got since he disappeared.

Idate started walking again.

“Hey, where are you going? You’re not going back to Degarashi port?” Naruto asked.

“You dumbass.” Idate says from his shoulder. “I will keep heading north.”

“Is going north, faster?” Sakura asked.

“Yeah.” Idate smiled.

“I wonder if we can trust you on that.” Naruto retorted.

“That’s why ninjas are no good!” Idate exclaimed, facing us. “Right around this season, a seasonal wind blows in this area. I noticed it when I saw the cloud movements from the starting area. The seasonal winds are coming. Moreover, there’s a current that moves towards Nagi Island at the northern port.”

He pointed at his head and smirked. “I’m much smarter than you guys.”