Chapter 34 : VII - Kisaragi Village

When Nami opened her eyes again, Kakashi was adjusting his forehead protector.

“Nami, I think Lady Iki will send for back-ups. Wait for them.” Kakashi ordered. Nami nodded without hesitation and did a hand sign to go back to her original body. In the last second when she finished the needed hand signs, Riki slammed the door open in the room they were in.

“Nami-san! Everything is a tra--” *Poof*

Before Riki could finish his sentence, Nami disappeared.

The rest of the team 7 stared at him in shock, they thought they were the only ones who heard him say that it was a trap.

--

Nami’s POV

When I opened my eyes again, back in my original body, I was on Chi’s back and we were running away.

“Woah. Woah. Woah. What is happening Chii?” I asked him. A group of enemies was on our trail and was throwing kunai and shurikens at us. Then I remembered what I heard back on the village before I poofed back. Riki said it was a trap.  A trap for what? A trap to capture Chi?

“They caught us.” He told me, he jumped into a tree’s  branch and had put me down before we started running away again.

“Did you know that Riki-san said this was a trap?” I asked him and made a few clones. Half of them transformed into Chi and the other half stayed as my clone. They grouped themselves and ran to other directions as I ordered.

“What?” Chi asked in an exasperated tone and looked at me with a surprised expression.

“Yep. I didn’t know what this trap is for though. That was all I heard before I poofed back here. That’s right! Can’t you connect with your mind technique on Iki?”

“Do you really think I haven’t thought of that since earlier?” He said with a pointed look as we hid in a corner. “This place is in some kind of barrier that prevents me from connecting to the village.”

“Really?” I asked and tried to think about Iki like how I did when I was in my clone, trying to connect my mind to her. No luck.

“Oh. You’re right.” I said and saw him glare at me for a second.

But we aren’t really inside the village, right? Is there some kind of spell that is around this headquarters to prevent them from connecting to the village? That may be right, knowing the clan’s mind techniques.

 “So what to do now?” He asked me and shot him back a glare. “You were the person who planned on going here. Why are you asking me?” I said and raised an eyebrow. He just shrugged as an answer.

I activated my kekkei-genkai ears  as I pinched his ear, hearing his multiple “Ow” and “Stop it!” and then shushed him as I focused around the place where we are.

“Have you found them?”

“The villagers are still in the cell?”

“I’ve found them! They are running away over there.”

“Their clones! Damn it!”

“Half of the villagers were sent back to their village and half of them were still in the cell.”

“Well, that’s fine. We’ll catch that boy and offer him to Orochimaru just like Kabuto said and we’ll be teaming up with one of the strong ninja in history.”