Chapter 30: III - Kisaragi Village

We looked from our shoulders to look for the people who were walking towards us. It was Mami and Chi. Mami smiled while she approached us while Chi looked like he was annoyed or something.

“Hey.” I greeted.

They stopped a good distance behind us and looked at us. “Hi. It’s Sakura and Naruto-san… right?” Mami asked looking at both of us. I heard Sasuke grunt and turn his head back on the lake.

I smiled back at Mami when she saw Sasuke’s reaction. “Actually, I am Nami and this is Sasuke. Naruto is the blonde guy and Sakura is the pink head. You completely exchanged our names.”

“Oh.. Is that so?” Mami rubbed the back of her head then glared at Chi who flinched a little. “Sorry for that.”

I think Chi was the one who told Mami that our names were Sakura and Naruto and Mami completely believed it.

“Is there something you want?” Sasuke suddenly asked that made the three of us quiet down and look at him.

“Actually we were just passing by earlier on the house you will be staying at then we heard your sensei looking for you then we saw the both of you here so we took that chance to tell it when we saw you here and so we can have a chance to talk, if you don’t mind?” Mami explained with hand gestures like she was proving a point.

Sasuke just shrugged and stood up. “I’m going back.”

Mami followed him with her eyes looking worried, thinking that she just offended him or something. Chi just looked at his retreating figure too. I stood up and stood beside her.

“Don’t Worry. He’s always like that.” I told her. She was surprised to suddenly see me beside her.

“O-ohh.” Her eyes travelled to Chi. “So he’s kind of like someone I know.”

“Yeah. I think so.” I agreed looking at Chi. “So what do you want to talk about?”

Mami told me that they were sorry for attacking us earlier and the incident with Chi. She said Chi was just being an idiot for doing that. I laughed while they argue with each other. Now that I think about it, Chi’s hair is tied into a ponytail. It made me look more on his facial features clearer. He had this gentle look on his face beside of him being.. how do you put this… beside being so stubborn? It’s like he has Sasuke’s attitude being a snob but he’s gentle when it comes to Mami. You can read it on his eyes but his eyes are now violet instead of being black. He noticed me looking at him then he frowned. “What are you looking at?”

I took a step forward to have a better view. “Weren’t your eyes black earlier?”

“Ohh. Chi was wearing contacts earlier. He uses it whenever we go outside the village.” Mami chimed in.

“Eh? Why do you need to wear contacts when you go outside, Chi?”

“It’s complicated.” He said in a bored tone.

“NAMI-CHAAAAAAAAN.” We heard Naruto’s voice in front of us. Mami smiled at me and looked at Naruto. They started walking the opposite way.

“Bye.Thanks for the time.” I smiled back. The both of them waved from their shoulder. “Let’s talk again!”

I jogged towards the house and saw Naruto waiting outside. “Hey. Is Sasuke inside?” I asked.

“Yeah. Kakashi-sensei said we’ll talk about our mission. Aren’t they Mami and Chi from earlier?” He asked and looked at me. I nodded.

Suddenly, a vision entered my mind that made me lose my balance and grip Naruto’s hand. It was a man grinning wickedly at me. He’s looking straight into my eyes like he wanted to kill me or maybe the person behind me. I snapped my head behind and saw Chi glaring at the man in front. There were people grunting in pain behind him. The evil man mouthed the words ‘Come.’ And before I know it, Naruto’s hands were on my shoulders and shaking me. “Nami, Are you okay? What’s wrong?”