Chapter 22.

Third Person’s POV

"I thought you guys went somewhere to find Lady Tsunade?" Nami asked.

"It's been postponed because pervy sage here got pummeled by the ladies on the hot spring." Naruto narrowed his eyes at Jiraiya.

"Why are you here? Did you sneak out again?" Jiraiya asked Nami, changing the topic that Naruto started. It was hurting his pride. Pummeled to death by ladies. Sigh.

"No. Of course not! I got discharged yesterday." Nami said proudly. "I am on a mission."

Naruto just shrugged, clipping his hands behind his head.

Nami noticed Naruto and remembered something. Her friends already know her illness, including Naruto. She just can’t bring herself to open this up to her friends. The guilt was washing over her.

Nami pushed the thought  away and put her arm around Naruto's shoulder. She was hugging him by her left arm.

" Don't worry Naruto. I love our team. You don't have to be jealous ya know. We’re just short on ninjas now, so I volunteer to every mission I can get." Nami explained cheerfully.

"Mission? You just got discharged and you have a mission?" Jiraiya asked.

"Of course!" Nami cheered once again. "Dozing off is not on my dictionary. Right Naruto?"

"Yeah!" Naruto grinned at her changing back to his goofy self.

"But you guys should've told me so I can come with you. Old Man, you’re really unfair." Nami crossed her arms to her chest.

Jiraiya looked at his wrist for an imaginary wrist watch. He started walking, pulling Naruto by his bag with him. He really can’t afford listening to Nami’s rants all day. He doze off enough. The elders will insist on him being the Hokage if they can’t find Tsunade soon.

"Well. We really need to go now. I'll be seeing you after a while." Jiraiya waved from his back with his free hand.

Naruto struggled to get free from Jiraiya’s grip and waved goodbye at Nami.

Nami sighed and waved at them,  shouting to take care.

~

"Well you're pretty early." Yamato commented as soon as he arrived.

Nami just shrugged at him. "Let's go?"

“We will go to the Elders first. They will explain the mission to you. You will receive orders from them on what you will do there. You can tell them your complains if you want.” Yamato told her.

“Pff. I wish.” Nami retorted.

“You will bring this documents with you.” Homura, one of the elders started talking. He was tapping at the piles of documents resting on the table. There were two thick piles of documents arranged.

“We are working things out until the Fifth Hokage arrives. We can’t afford to let our village be a target just because we don’t have a Hokage. For the time being, we’ll fix things about our alliance between the Sand Village.” Koharu, the old lady, added.

“Granny Koharu, Granpa Homura.” Nami started whining on which the Elders shared a look. ”Isn’t a day and a half too short? I just got discharged from the Hospital! ”

Nami addresses the Elders as Granny and Grandpa even if they are not that close like her Grandpa-Hokage. She just hates to add “san” to Elders. She’s fine with Grandpa/Granny.

The Elders sighed. They can’t believe that Hiruzen agreed for this child to be an Anbu. Well not exactly a full-time Anbu but a part-time Anbu. She was so childish and she always complains but she is strong, dependable and trustworthy.