Chapter 42...

Christmas time aka the best time of year. Everything from the twinkling christmas lights to the snow. I simply adored everything that came with the holiday.

We were all finally out of school for Winter Break and Christmas was literally five days away. It has felt like the longest semester ever and I was beyond glad we now had two and a half weeks off.

Ever since my little 'talk' with Rebecca a few weeks ago things have been good at school. Whenever we see each other she will give me a small head nod or even a little smile but that is about it. I was happy to see she had distanced herself from Mitch and his friends. Apparently taking my words to heart. We weren't buddy buddy but she didn't go out of her way to make my life hell anymore.

For the first time in what felt like ages I was extremely happy. School was going good. The piece I had drawn for my art project was picked to be put on display at a local art studio in the new year and so was Alex's. We were the only two in the class to be picked which was insane.

If I wasn't working I was spending time with Alex and the others. Most nights I'm over at Alex's with him and Harper. Its become our thing to make dinner together and hang out the three of us. I've even started spending nights.

Alex didn't like me driving home late by myself and I hated being in a huge house by myself. I didn't like leaving Alex's side and it probably made me possessive girlfriend but I loved being around him. So we both decided that it would be better for me to sleep over. Of course after asking Harper if it was okay. It's only been her and her brother for the past year and I didn't want to force her to accept something if she didn't.

I had barely gotten the words out before she was asking if I was gonna sleep in her room with her under a fort. So needless to say she was totally on board.

It may have seemed a bit odd that Alex and I were basically living together. A 17 year old, an 18 year old and a 6 year old but it worked for us. Even Noah's parents were okay with it.

After what happened on Halloween Noah's parents have really taken me in. They always offered for me to come to dinner and stay the night. Whenever I was over there they asked how my day was. They even asked if I needed anything, which of course I declined. But they've really been amazing.

The only thing I couldn't let myself think about was my parents and Trent. I knew my parents wouldn't be around for Christmas. Haven't been for years, which I have grown to accept. It just sucked not known if Trent would be able to come home. I understood if he couldn't but its been almost a year since I last saw him.

Alex and the others did a great job of keeping my mind off of it though. We already have the next five days planned out. Like today we were on our way to the ski resort about an hour away.

Ava and Mason were taking Harper to do some last minute christmas shopping, so it was us eight today. Eight of us crammed into a one car for an hour. That meant having to listen to Derek ask every two minutes if we were there yet. I'm pretty sure Lexi was two seconds away from strangling him.

Beside me Derek wiggled in his seat, shoving me further into the door.

"This seat is so uncomfortable." He grumbled. I didn't say anything until he started moving again.

"Derek if you don't stop moving I'll make sure you never do again." I hissed. I didn't miss the surprised looks on everyones faces at my words. Out of everyone I was the least likely person to say something but metal of the door digging into my body was making me grumpy.

"Woah. Since when has Riley become mean?" He asked the group.

"I'm not mean." I rolled my eyes. "I'm just tired of being shoved into the car door."