Chapter 7....

Semi-Edited! (But what else is new :D) 

Song above is...Bleed Out by Blue October

Happy Reading!

I thought I was free of Alex after the whole library thing but 15 minutes into my next class, Biology, he came walking into the room. I was surprised by his appearance, as was every other girl in class, that I didn't hear him talk to the teacher or hear the teacher tell him to take a seat next to me.

My eyes followed him until he reached my table at the back and he slid into the empty seat next to me. I gaped at him along side every girl. What was he doing here?

"Looks like we are lab partners, freckles." Alex smirked, clearly not noticing the glares being thrown at us. I was too shocked to say anything before the teacher started talking once more, ending my chance to say something.

For the next fifteen minutes I kept glancing at Alex from the corner of my eye. It was kind of hard to believe he was here in class sitting next to me. Sure I was the only one without a table partner but he could have been placed somewhere else. And we were a good month or so into the school year, how could he be switched into this class so late?

I had so many questions swirling in my mind but the one that stood out was-did he switch to this class on purpose? He better not have. It was going to make ignoring and forgetting him a lot harder. After I had left the library I made a deal with myself that I was going to ignore and forget Alex and everyone else. I just needed to get through this school year without anymore problems and I'd be free. Being around Alex was going to do the opposite of that.

With twenty-five minutes left of class the teacher came around and drop off packets for each table to complete. I knew this was my chance to talk to Alex so I waited until the teacher walked off before saying anything.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I hissed.

"Learning?" He looked at me innocently but I could see a twinkle in his eyes.

"How did you even get in this class?" I grabbed the packet and started writing my name down angrily.

"My schedule got mixed up so I'm in different classes." Alex shrugged. "You're just an added perk." Cue the smirk.

I decided not to say anything as I slid the packet over to him to sign his name. I couldn't decide if I was happy about him suddenly being my lab partner. From all the stares we were getting I wasn't so sure about it and it wasn't going to help the rumors around campus.

"Are you going to keep staring at me or are we going to do this packet?" Alex's voice brought me out of my thoughts. With pink cheeks I quickly looked away from him, not having noticed I was staring in the first place.

"Which of the following is an example of rapid evolution caused by mutation?" I read the first question. I quickly answered it before Alex could and moved onto the next one. This went on for three questions before the packet was ripped from my hands.

"Ow paper cuts!" I hissed already feeling multiple cuts.

"This is a group assignment."

"I thought you'd want me to do it all." Alex stared at me for a good minute before he shook head. "What?"

"You think you know me so well."

"And if I do?" I challenged. I really didn't know anything about Alex Kinley besides what people say about him in the halls. I highly doubted most of it was real. I could gather that much just after spending two days with him. Alex was definitely not the 'rude, cold, bad boy', at least from what I've seen.