Chapter 43....

"I want everyone back here by 5 o'clock and no later. You here me?" Ava sent us all looks that told us she meant business. Since it was Christmas Eve Alex, Harper and I were going to spend the night here at Noah's.

Once Ava learned that it would be just me on Christmas she literally demanded that I spend the night here and celebrate it with them. Alex and Harper were already going to. I didn't even try to argue knowing it was pointless plus I wanted to come here. Spending Christmas eve and day at an empty house did not sound fun.

So Noah, Alex and I were expected to be back in time for dinner as well as whatever Ava had planned. According to Noah they had a tradition of eating dinner, playing a board game and then watching a christmas movie before bed.

"Will do." We all echoed.

The three of us were meeting up with the others for our own little christmas lunch. We figured today was a good day to meet up since we won't see each other for a few days with everyone spending Christmas with their own families.

With another promise to be back on time, the three of us grabbed the presents for the others before leaving. I was beyond excited to give everyone their gifts because I knew hands down I had the best presents. Plus this was the first time I've actually bought presents for someone other than my brother.

I got Noah and Alex a couple of presents but left the others at home for tomorrow. They were all wrapped and ready to go, along with Harpers.

"100 bucks Derek gifts us jerky.' Noah snorted as we backed out of the driveway.

"Jerky? As in beef jerky?" I questioned, leaning forward over the armrest.

"Yeah. Over the last few years he thinks its funny to give us beef jerky for christmas." Alex shook his head but the corner of his mouth was tilted up.

"Do I even wanna know how he came up with that?"

"Probably not." Noah laughed.

"So who do you think gives the best gifts?" I asked after a few minutes.

"Hmm that's a hard one." Noah looked at me through the review mirror. "Liv always gives good ones cause that's just who she is. But surprisingly Lexi and Nico give good ones. They both don't seem like the type that wouldn't be thoughtful but they are."

It actually wasn't that surprising. When I first met Nico and Lexi they were beyond intimidating. They gave off the 'don't-fuck-with-me' vibes and it literally took me ages to look Nico in the eyes and have a conversation.

Hell Lexi and I didn't even start off on the right foot. She made it clear at first that she didn't like me, that she wasn't going to be my friend. But now I seriously considered her one of my closest friends. We've both been through something similar that made us have a bond that was different than the others.

The rest of the ride over to Liv's house we talked about what would happen tonight and knowing that Harper would be getting us all up at the butt crack of dawn tomorrow. There was no way she'd wait until a reasonable hour.

Pulling up to Liv's house I saw we were the last to arrive. Since it was Christmas Eve most places were closed so we decided to just hang out at Olivia's. Why we didn't choose Noah's I have no clue.

The second we walked through the door I was tackled in a hug. Liv's body clung to mine as she squeezed my tightly.

"Merry Christmas eve!" She practically yelled. I hugged her back before she moved onto the others.

"She's been like this since yesterday." Derek whispered as I came to stand beside him. "She goes a bit overboard on Christmas every year." Glancing around the place I figured as much. Every inch of the house seemed to be decorated.