Chapter 36....

Semi-Edited

Song Above is....Fallin' By Dylan Brady (I think this fits Alex and Riley so well!!)

Happy Reading!! :)

I'm dying. Like really dying this time. When I said I was over the weekend I lied. Pretty certain I jinxed myself by saying that cause now I really felt like I was.

I went to bed perfectly fine but woke up in the middle of the night shaking like a leaf with a pounding headache and a clogged nose. I instantly knew I was sick. I had hoped that being out in the cold rain wouldn't have bit me in the ass but it did.

So what was a really good night turned into a crappy one. It was like as soon as I woke up at 2 in the morning it was game over. The cold inside decided to come out in full force in that moment.

Next thing I knew I was coughing, wheezing through my mouth with a stuffy nose, and the worst pounding headache ever. I couldn't even move to get up and get some medicine. It was like I was suddenly hit by a freight train.

I spent the rest of the night huddled under my covers shivering and being beyond miserable. Laying there at 3 in the morning feeling so sick I wished my parents were home. That all I had to do was call out and one of them would come and make me feel better. I found myself almost calling out before reminding myself that I was alone. The thought making me cry into my pillow.

But here I was now around 9 o'clock in the morning feeling just as miserable. I didn't even bother trying to go to school. I somehow managed to get myself out of bed to use the bathroom and grab some medicine from the cabinet and some water. One plus side to having doctors as parents there was always medicine in the cabinets.

And on top of feeling like crap, mother nature decided to stop by for a visit. So with a massive head cold I now also had cramps. Of course it was just my luck two of the worst things decided to collide.

Taking two cold pills I laid there in my bed trying to fall back asleep while cradling my stomach. I had forgotten how horrible it was to get sick. The stuffed but runny nose, the sore throat, the cough, the weakness. It all sucked. I just prayed I didn't get Alex or Harper sick when I saw them yesterday. Especially Alex seeing as that we kissed....a lot.

For the next half hour I drifted in an out of sleep. The cold pill finally helping a little bit to clear my nose. I was just flipping over to go back to sleep when I heard my phone start to ring.

I decided to ignore it and closed my eyes hoping to get a bit more sleep but as soon as my phone stopped ringing it started up again. It went two more times before I groaned and flopped over onto my back. I blindly reached out for my phone on my nightstand and hit answer without even opening my eyes.

"Hello." I croaked. It was the first time I had spoken and my voice sounded horrible.

"Where are you? You missed your first two classes and now third period is about to start." Olivia's voice came through the phone. "I assumed you were with Alex playing hooky but I just saw him pull up a few minutes ago and you are no where to be found. Please tell me you aren't dead in a ditch somewhere."

I started to laugh at Liv's word, wanting to reply back that if I was dead in a ditch I wouldn't have answered, but instead of a laugh coming out a loud cough did. My throat burned as I coughed loudly.

"I'm home. Sick." I said once my coughing fit was over.

"Why didn't you call me! I would have come over and helped you feel better." Even though Liv was studying to be a nurse and was probably the best person to come over and take care of me, I couldn't let her.