Chapter 20....

Semi-Edited!

Song above is...Catch by Brett Young (Kind of fits the chapter plus I LOVE Brett Young!)

Happy Reading!! :)

Riley's Pov....

After our 'serious' talk Noah came out from wherever he went off to. Declaring that he was going to get some gas and pick up Harper, he made sure to tell us that if we were going to do anything not to do it on the couch. In response I blushed bright red and Alex sent a pillow at his head. Noah laughed loudly on his way out the door ignoring the fact that he left us in awkward silence.

"Since we never got ice cream, would you still like some?" Alex asked a few minutes later.

"Um, sure."

"Follow me."

I could feel myself smiling as I trailed alongside Alex as he headed for the kitchen. I couldn't seem to stop smiling and I knew exactly who was making it that way. A certain grey eyed boy was making me feel things I've never felt before.

"Are you sure Noah is okay with us going through his fridge?" I asked, sliding into a seat at the bar.

"Trust me he doesn't care. Plus this is practically my house too." Alex's voice was muffled with his head in the freezer.

"You never told me how you and Noah became friends." The pair was extremely close. They may not go to the same school but they were the closest out of the group for sure. I honestly wouldn't even classify them as best friends, more like brothers.

"Our families had been friends since college." Alex started to say as he pulled out two bowls and spoons for us. "His mom and mine were so close that they both decided that they wanted to have a kid around the same time. So they would have a friend to play with.

"As luck would have it they both got pregnant around the same time. My mom use to always say that anytime her and Noah's mom, Ava, were close the two of us would kick none stop. We were literally best friends before we were even born."

I sat there watching as Alex told me the story. A smile gracing his face as he talked about his best friend.

"Chocolate Chip Mint, okay?" He asked, going off topic for a second. I nodded. "When we were 7 our parents decided to move us here from Portland, so we can grow up in a small town away from the bustling city."

I briefly remember Alex moving to Astoria. There was a hype around anyone who moved here since we never really got new people. I remember my parents talking about two very well off families moving here. I think they said something about them doing something good with the community. Of course at that time my 6 year old self didn't care about any of that.

"Anyways, yeah thats basically it."

"Thats actually really sweet." I awed, taking the bowl Alex slid over to me. I tried not to laugh at how full he made both bowls. I took a huge bite of the ice cream and almost moaned. Damn I love ice cream.

"Is Noah an only child?" I asked after a moment. I was curious cause I haven't seen anyone else here. No other siblings or even his parents.

"Use to not be." Alex's voice suddenly got really low. I didn't miss the sudden change of tone. "He had a little sister." The amount of pain in Alex's voice made my chest instantly hurt and a pit appeared in my stomach.

I opened my mouth but instantly shut it. I couldn't bring myself to even ask what he meant by 'had'.

"This ice cream is really good." I spoke softly, switching the topic.