Chapter 3....

Semi-Edited!

Song above is...Without Me by Halsey (It doesn't really fit the chapter but I'm loving the song right now :D)

Happy Reading :)

The blaring sound of my alarm clock had me groaning and fumbling for the snooze button. Alarm clocks were the worst thing invented. Sure they were somewhat vital to getting up on time but that didn't mean they weren't the worst things in the world.

I was more then tempted to skip. It was Friday after all and I wasn't in the mood to deal with all the comments, but the inner 'good girl' in me was tell me to get up and get ready. As much as I didn't want to listen to that voice I did.

Groaning under my breath I stumbled out of bed and blindly moved towards my bathroom. Without looking at the clock I knew it was 6:15 am, my usual time. It gave me thirty minutes to slowly get up and dressed before getting to school before 7.

Washing my face I looked at my reflection. I didn't like the girl standing there staring back at me. It wasn't like I looked any different. On the outside I looked the same but I could practically see the weight on my shoulders and the lack of happiness in my eyes.

The whole situation with Mitch has taken more of a toll than I let on. It was hard not to listen to all the comments being made about me. Having no one to lean on or even talk to about it wasn't helping either.

If I could just go back I would. Go back and never talk to Mitch or let him near me. If I hadn't been so blind none of this would have happened. I would still be invisible Riley that had a pretty good life. I would have my two best friends still, I'd be going out, actually having fun instead of being stuck inside. I would definitely love a time machine right about now.

Going back into my room I went to get dressed, already dreading today. The sooner I get there the sooner I can come home.

Grabbing my usual pair of skinny jeans I started the little dance. No matter how many times I have put skinny jeans on I always have to wiggle and jump around to get them on. It was literally a work out in itself I tell you.

What I wore to school never really mattered to me. While other girls wear short skirts or skin tight jeans I was comfortable in my casual jeans and a t-shirt. Once in a while I'd wear a cute fancy top but that was a rarity.

Once I pulled on an old soccer jersey that belonged to my brother I went to cover my eye bags up. As beautiful as they were I wasn't going to go out in public with them. Just a bit of concealer was all I wore anyways.

Having spent too much time in the bathroom fixing my shoulder length hair I only had a few more minutes to grab something to eat and head out the door. With my backpack over my shoulder and my phone in hand I headed downstairs.

Making sure all the lights were off I snatched an apple off the counter before heading for the door. Just one more day. I repeated as I unlocked my car and slid behind the wheel. Just one day.

* * * * * * * * * 

"Everyone please turn to chapter 35 in your books." Mr. Wittwer instructed from the front of the classroom. All around me student groaned under their breath knowing what was coming.

Mr. Wittwer taught government, aka one of the most boring classes ever. It didn't help he spoke with such a monotone voice that it just lulled you to sleep. Everyone knew when he said to turn to a certain page he was going to read the entire chapter.

Because the school decided to get rid of the block system we have this class everyday which just makes it worse. We were literally only a few weeks into school and everyone is already over this class. No wonder my brother always complained about Mr. Wittwer.