Chapter 16....

Semi-Edited! (What else is new :P)

Song above is...Burn Fast by Bryce Fox (I think this song kind of fits Alex)

Happy Reading! <3

"Gotcha."

I looked up at Alex, his hands softly gripping my hips, holding my in place. His beautiful grey eyes staring down at me. My hands somehow landed on his bare chest and I could feel the hard muscle under them.

Any and all words were stuck in my throat. Alex didn't say a single word either as he stared down at me. I was trying my hardest not to freak out about the fact that Alex was touching me. Touching my bare waist! Before anything could be said we were interrupted again.

"Hello!" Harper yelled. Alex sighed above me. He slowly untangled his arms from around me, but not before making sure to brush his hands across my stomach. I knew my face was bright red and the feeling of eyes made it even worse.

Alex sent me one last look before closing his eyes and yelling 'Marco'. I moved out of the way and swam towards the other end where Noah, Liv and Derek were swimming around.

"It is the perfect day to be swimming." Liv sighed, moving onto her back and floating.

"Why do you have a pool in one of the wettest, greyest cities?" I asked Noah.

"I honestly don't know why my parents put it in." He added, shrugging. "But it's nice on days like this."

"Definitely." Liv said, her eyes closed as she floated next to Derek. I had to agree with her. It felt so nice being in the pool and the warm sun shining down on us. Days where it doesn't rain you can't take them for granted. I bet a lot of people were up at the beach where the bonfire was at today.

Another few minutes passed of Alex yelling 'Marco' until finally Lexi was tagged, followed by Nico who still held Harper. The game took a lot longer than I thought it would.

"Took you long enough Alex." Noah teased, at which Alex sprayed him with water. While the two of them hit water at each other, I moved away. Slowly swimming to the deeper end.

It felt so good out here and it was relaxing, even with Harper squealing every few seconds. Just as I reached the deep end I felt someone come up behind me. Seeing that it was Lexi I turned around.

"Hey Lexi?" She stopped a few feet from me, staring at me with that intimidating look. "Thank you...for earlier."

"It wasn't a big deal."

"Yeah it was." I wanted her to know I appreciated what she did. She not fully like me but that doesn't mean I can't be grateful. "So thank you."

"Like I said, wasn't a big deal." With that Lexi turned and swam off. I stared after her slightly shaking my head but I knew she meant well. I could tell anything having to deal with feelings Lexi didn't like. I wasn't sure why but I knew there was way more to Lexi than I think anyone even knew about.

"What did you say to make Lexi swim away so fast?" A voice spoke behind me making me jump.

"What the hell!" Turning I slapped Alex on the shoulder. "Stop sneaking up on me." How the hell did he even get behind me?

"Not my problem you didn't see me swim by you." Alex shrugged. I could tell he enjoyed scaring me by the twinkle in his eye.

"Yeah well stop Mr. Wanna-Be-Ninja."

"Nah I like scaring you." He smirked.

"Just beware. Payback is a bitch, Alex." I smirked back. I was going to get revenge on him for scaring me some time. Just had to plan the perfect moment.