Chapter 10...

Semi-Edited!

Song above is...Insecurities by Jess Glynne (this actually fits Riley so well!)

Happy Reading! :)

Despite not having my car again the next morning, and the fact it was raining outside, I was still in a good mood. I got up on time and even spent more than five minutes on my hair and clothes.

Because of the rainy cold day I opted for a simple pair of black skinny jeans, a cute cream colored sweater I hadn't even realized I owned, and a pair of dark brown boots. And I even kept my hair down in soft waves today. It wasn't much but to me it was more than I normally do; especially for school.

(Third from the left, although I love all four :D)

Since I got up on time I even managed to make myself a quick Nutella and Banana sandwich for lunch. I was quite proud of myself for getting all that done before it was time to head to school.

I was even more surprised to open my door and find a familiar truck idling next to the curb. Just as I opened the door wider my phone started buzzing in my hand. Seeing Olivia's name on the screen I answered, still looking at the truck.

"Hey! Come get in!" Olivia didn't wait for me to answer before she hung up. Putting my umbrella under my arm I stepped out onto the porch and locked the front door. Taking a deep breath I clenched my backpack strap tightly before making a mad dash towards Derek's truck.

I basically threw myself into the backseat and slammed the door behind me. Olivia turned in her seat grinning widely at me as I wiped the few raindrops off my face.

"Hey." She greeted at the same time as Derek.

"Hey. What are you guys doing here?" I asked, moving to put my seatbelt on.

"Alex told us you don't have a car so I'm here to save the day." Derek grinned at me through the review mirror.

"You did save the day. I would have had to walk in the rain." At my words I swore I saw Derek puff his chest out. "Thank you."

"No problem." As he started driving away from my house Olivia immediately launched into questions.

"How was yesterday? Did you meet Harper? Was it fun? Was Alex nice, because if he was a dick I'll kick his ass." I laughed and shook my head.

"Yesterday was fun. Harper is super sweet and such a cutie. And no Alex wasn't a dick...surprisingly." I answered all her questions.

"Alex not a dick? Hm thats a first." Derek mused from the front seat.

"Aren't you his friend?"

"Yeah, so?" I looked over at Olivia who rolled her eyes and mouthed 'boys', to which I nodded.

"But anyways, it was fun." Last night on the walk home from Alex's house I had a permeant smile tattooed on my face. Even when I got home to an empty house I didn't feel that down about it.