Chapter 25....

Semi-Edited!

Song above is..Grace by Lewis Capaldi (Kinda fits but I just love his voice in general)

Happy Reading!

"Soooo." Olivia asked, laying upside down on her bed.

"So, what?" I asked from my position on her spinning chair.

"Why the stupid smile on your face?" Lexi grunted, her back leaning against Liv's headboard.

After Alex dropped me off at home, I got a call from Olivia telling me to come over. Apparently the guys had plans without them wanted to hang out. So I immediately got in my car and headed to Liv's. A smile cemented to my face the entire time.

Nothing was going to get rid of the smile on my face. Even though Alex didn't kiss me I felt like I was on cloud 9.

"I can't smile?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. Lexi opened her mouth to make some retort but Olivia spoke first.

"Lex told me that Alex came back to your house after we left." Even hanging upset own Liv still managed to give me a look demanding answers. Shockingly enough Lexi looked to be waiting for my answer.

Looking at them it hit me that this was the first time I actually had friends. Friends who wanted to know what was going on with me. Who weren't going to judge me. The realization slapped me in the face like a freight train.

The smile slipped off my face as my heart squeezed.

"Uh oh." Olivia quickly sat up. "What happened? Did Alex do something? I'll kick his as if he did." Her voice rising as she continued.

"It's not him." I shook my head, willing the tears to not come to my eyes. "I just..."I struggled to find the right words as I looked at the two girls who were suddenly my closest friends.

"I've never had friends who genuinely asked about my life or cared to know." I shrugged.

"Riley." Liv awed, getting off the bed and making her way towards me. Next thing I knew she had her arms wrapped around me, squishing my face into her chest. I awkwardly tapped her back while getting suffocated by boobs.

"You are stuck with us forever Riley." She cooed, gripping me to her.

"Liv you are suffocating her with your tits." Lexi said to which I instantly inwardly thanked her. Not exactly the way I wanted to go. Finally Liv let me go, leaving me to gasp for clean air.

"Seriously though Riley. You are stuck with Lexi and I forever." When Lexi didn't agree, Liv cleared her throat loudly.

"Yes stuck forever." The bored tone from Lexi made me snort. Despite the tone I knew she meant it. "So are you going to tell us about you and Alex or what?"

"Yeah what did he want?" Olivia moved to the edge of the bed, leaning towards me as if she couldn't wait to hear what happened.

My smile was long gone now as I thought about what Alex told me in the clearing. I wasn't quite sure if it all had sunk in yet. Alex's parents dying a year ago along with Noah's sister. Him having to take care of Harper all on his own.

I knew as soon as I actually processed the news I would be a sobbing mess on the floor. But right now...I wasn't quite sure what to do.

"He took me to this clearing that overlooked the city."

"Wait." Liv put her hand up to stop me. "He took you to the clearing?"

"Yeah?"

"He never takes anyone there. Hell I've only been once." Lexi butted in. My eye brows raised at that. I wasn't that special...was I?