Chapter 9....

Slightly Edited (seriously what else is new?) 

Song above is...Malibu Nights by LANY (This song is so freaking good!) 

Happy Reading! :)

The moment Alex pulled up to the bookstore five minutes before 3 my nerves skyrocketed. Why? Because I was about to spend the afternoon with Alex and his little sister. This would be the first time we've spend an extended period alone together. I just knew I was bound to do something stupid.

We were now heading towards the elementary school. Alex was quiet the entire time, leaving me to my own thoughts. I wasn't sure why I was so nervous to meet his little sister. It probably didn't help that Olivia made a big deal about me meeting his sister. It made me wonder what the big deal was.

"Warning you beforehand. It is about to get crazy." He warned as he parked.

"Oh come on they can't be that bad." I rolled my eyes at his exaggeration, getting out of his car. "Its just a few kids."

The two of us walked through the parking lot towards the building. I looked around as memories hit me full force. I hadn't been back to the elementary school in years. It all still looked the same too.

All around us little kids ran towards their parents, walked with their friends towards the bus's. I was to busy looking around that I didn't notice Alex stopped until I ran right into his hard back. I stumbled back a few steps and rubbed my chin. Damn it was like hitting a brick wall.

"Are you always so clumsy?" He questioned, looking over his shoulder at me. Not wanting to embarrass myself anymore I said nothing and came to stand beside him. Standing next to his 6'2 frame I felt like one of the little kids walking around us.

"Alex!" A little voice yelled, gaining my attention. I watched as a little girl ran across the pavement before jumping towards Alex. Alex easily caught the little girl, not even stumbling back from the momentum.

"Hi!" The little girl chirped, a wide toothless mile upon her face.

"Hi little nugget." Alex grinned back.

The little girl was beyond beautiful. She had dark hair like her brother but it was cut into a cute little bob. Her face had that cute baby chubbiness that would make anyone want to pinch them. When she turned to look at me I found a similar pair of grey eyes staring right back at me.

It was a little unnerving seeing how similar her and Alex looked. Whoever their parents are sure know how to make gorgeous babies.

"Are you Alex's girlfriend?" She asked suddenly, looking me up and down. I blushed at her words and quickly shook my head.

"N-no." The 6 year old didn't seem to believe though.

"Nugget this is my friend Riley. Riley this is my little sister Harper." Alex introduced us, turning to face me.

"Nice to meet you." Harper said in her cute little voice. My eyebrows raised at how polite she was.

"Nice to meet you too." I smiled.

"Is it okay if she hangs out with us today?" He asked his little sister.

"Um...do you like barbies?" She asked, her face completely serious

"I love barbies."

"Do you like ice cream?"

"Who doesn't love ice cream."

"Do you like pillow castles?" I tried to fight a smile at the way she spoke, looking so serious. Alex stood there smiling at his sister as she questioned me.