Chapter 15....

Semi-Edited!

Song above is...Inner Demons by Julia Brennan (I thought it fit Riley pretty well!)

Thank you for this beautiful cover!! I love it! (I always welcome covers so if you ever want to make one let me know! I will post it here and Insta/Twitter!)

Happy Reading!!

************************

Flashback....

The loud music seemed to rattle my head, making my headache grow even more. My feet were killing me from standing here for the past hour and a half. And don't even get me started on how hot it was inside this house. With well over a hundred people here it made the house almost unbearable.

I really just wanted to go home but Mitch was my ride home. Speaking of Mitch, where was here? We've been here over an hour and I only saw him once since getting here. This is the third party in the last few weeks that Mitch has done this to me.

I hadn't even wanted to come tonight yet he convinced me to and he isn't even around. I wasn't sure but these last few weeks Mitch has been acting...off. He wasn't as sweet as he use to be. He didn't try to take me out on dates or make cute little gestures.

Now it was all about going to parties or downing my for what I was wearing or eating. I wasn't sure what was up with him but it was starting to annoy me. If he didn't want me around he could just flat out tell me. Or if he didn't want to be together anymore, fine. The thought of not being with him though made a pit in my stomach open.

Despite these last few weeks Mitch has been a great boyfriend. He was always so sweet and kind. Always picking me up for school, waiting for me by my locker, and even letting me wear his jersey during football games.

Mitch was the first guy to ever notice me. He made me feel special and like I was the only girl he wanted. But lately it was like he could care less about me and I wasn't sure what to make of it.

With a sigh I drank the rest of my Coke. I wasn't going to stand around here all night and wait for Mitch, I was ready to go home. Weaving through the sweaty bodies I grabbed my phone, ready to send Mitch a text about me going home.

I didn't make it too far through the crowd when I felt a hand smack my ass, hard. Yelping I turned around to find Bret standing there, an unnerving smirk on his face. Bret was one of Mitch's best friends but every time we hung out with him, he gave me the creeps.

"What the hell Bret!" I yelled over the music.

"What I didn't do anything." He put his hands up, acting innocent but the smirk on his face told me otherwise.

"You know what you did." I hissed. I could tell the people around us were now paying attention. Of course they would, anything that happens with the Big Four immediately gains attention. "Don't ever touched me again Bret." I spat. The look on his face was pissing me off even more but I knew better than to play into his game.