Chapter 5....

Semi-Edited!

Song above is... Scars by Allison Iraheta (This song is so beautiful) 

Thank you for the lovely cover! It is so beautiful!! <3

Happy Reading! :)

Somehow the next two hours flew by. A few minutes after Alex left Noah came over and started talking to me. For the first time in a while I found myself relaxing around other people. Noah was so sweet and seemed genuinely interested in getting to know me. I dodged questions about my family and things about school but he didn't seem to mind.

It felt easy to talk to Noah. He didn't try to make me talk about things I didn't. He'd just 'hmm' and nod along but not press for details. It felt nice to have someone actually talk and listen to me. It's been so long that it threw me for a bit.

About thirty minutes after Noah and I started talking Alex returned. I had no clue where he ran off to but when he came back he didn't once look at me. I was curious about where he went off to but I knew it wasn't my place to go ask.

Not too long after Alex came back Olivia walked up followed by a yelling Derek. From the looks of it he seemed to be really feeling himself at the moment. He was almost like a little kid as he went around to everyone, hugging them and talking very loud. Judging by the looks from everyone this was a normal occurrence.

When Derek pulled me into a tight hug I stood there awkwardly with my hands by my sides. Pulling away he stood there staring down at me for a good minute, not once blinking.

"You know." He suddenly said loudly, the whole group staring at us. "I like you, regardless of what everyone else says about you." With that he turned around and headed back towards the cooler for another beer.

I looked after him not knowing what to do. Did he mean that? Probably not, drunk people always say stupid stuff. At least his little 'confession' proved he knew who I was, and I wasn't quite sure how I felt about that.

Looking around I found everyone staring at me, everyone beside Olivia and Alex had questioning looks on their faces. Even Lexi looked intrigued at what Derek said. I had been almost certain she was a robot who didn't care about anything earlier. Not liking everyone staring at me I found myself taking a step back.

"I-I got to go to the bathroom." I stuttered out lamely before turning and high tailing it in the other direction of everybody.

Really Riley? You did not just say that. Mentally I slapped myself.

I walked towards the water hoping to clear my head a bit. This whole thing was making my head spin. Just yesterday I was the rumored slut of school and had absolutely no friends. Now here I am at a party with Alex Kinley, the bad boy of school, and his friends. And what is more bizarre is I was having a good time. Sure I've only talked to Olivia and Derek for a split second, and Nico and Lexi haven't said a word to me, but it was nice.