Chapter 2....

Semi-Edited!

Song above is...Lifeline by We Three (this song is everything) 

Thank you for the lovely cover! 

Happy Reading! :)

"Hope you have a great day." I smiled until the door closed with a ding. I sighed leaning against the counter. Checking the clock I saw I had another two hours before I could go home.

I worked at a local bookstore and it was probably the easiest job you could have. Sofie's was a cute little bookstore in downtown of Astoria in Oregon; a very little town. Astoria was a cute town near the Pacific Ocean. It was a pretty big touristy town with tons of historic sites.

While our town was kind of small we still hand plenty of grocery stores, a little mall about 5 minutes from the bookshop, tons of restaurants, and even another school. But with Portland only an hour away we didn't need more than that.

Even though it rained quite a bit here tourist came from all over to see things every time of the year. It was nice for our businesses but it sometimes got annoying answering questions over and over again. Even walking along the street you would get stopped by some tourist asking for directions.

Sofia's though depended on the tourists mostly. It was a little quaint place that was very homey. The moment I stepped in here freshman year I knew it would become one of my favorite places. Not a lot of kids from school came in here so it made working here even better. It was a place I could get away from it all. And who doesn't like being surrounded by tons of books.

"How's everything going Riley?" My boss, a sweet old lady named Helen. She's owned this book store for years and named it after her daughter Sofia. She was now getting too old to run the store by herself so I work everyday for a few hours and kept her company, which I didn't mind. Her daughter lived to far away with her kids to come and see her mom often.

I didn't mind hanging out with Helen actually. She was sweet and always had an interesting story to tell. And she always let me come in here to read whenever I wanted. When I did have a few days off, which was very rare, I still made a point to come by and make sure she was okay. 

"Good. We've had quite a bit of people come in and buy some books." I was slightly worried about the lack of costumers lately but it seemed Helen wasn't. She always waved it off when no one came in. Always stating that the store will be just fine. I, of course wasn't too convinced.

"That's great dear." She patted my hand as she walked slowly back. "Tomorrow is Friday, any plans?"

Helen knew little of what happened lately. All she knew was my boyfriend broke up with me and that I hated going to school to see him. She knew nothing about the bet, the hateful comments, the no friends. I wanted to keep it that way. I didn't need to bother her with my little problems.