Chapter 18....

Semi-Edited! (not new news anymore :D) 

Song above is...Falling Like The Stars by James Arthur (This song is everything!)

Happy Reading! :)

Alex and I stayed up on the roof for another hour or so before my ass couldn't take it anymore. The rough roof was digging into my butt making it beyond uncomfortable, and I bet Alex was thinking the same as me.

When I finally got up I swore I heard Alex mutter 'thank god' under his breath, which made me laugh quietly. Walking towards the edge of the roof above my window, I moved to get down on my butt when a hand on my elbow stopped me.

"How are you getting down?"

"The usual way." I looked up at him confused.

"It's a far drop." He peeked over the side of the roof before looking back at me. Alex looked a tad bit concerned as he spoke.

"Is the supposed bad boy scared of heights?" I teased.

"I'm sorry I'm not keen on falling to my death." Alex deadpanned.

"You won't die from this height." I looked up at him. "You'll probably just break something." We weren't that high off the ground, but you may break something if you did. Trent once fell off and broke his elbow.

"Cause that makes me feel so much better." I just grinned.

"I promise it isn't that bad. I'll show you how to do it." I scoot my butt closer to the edge, my legs dangling off. "It's just like how you got up here. The window is closer than it seems, just reach down for ledge with your foot. My brother put a little handle where you can grab so you can swing your legs through the window."

As I explained I watched as Alex stared at me like I grew two heads. He clearly didn't think all of this through when he got up here. Coming up to the roof was easier than coming back down so I wasn't going to tease him too bad about it. The first few times I wouldn't go back down either.

Seeing Alex's expression I instantly knew I shouldn't joke anymore. Alex really seemed nervous. I had no clue that he was scared of heights but him coming up here even though he was afraid made butterflies erupt in my stomach. He really came up here to make sure I was okay despite the height.

"I'll go first and then help you down." I sent him a reassuring smile before wiggling down until my foot hit the ledge of my windowsill.

In one quick move I was off the roof and in my bedroom. To me it was a piece of cake having done it a million times before.

Sticking my head out I looked up.

"You are good to come down." I yelled up at Alex. It took a minute before I eventually saw Alex's legs come into view.

"Your long legs will reach here in a second. And then grab onto the handle to come through the window." I instructed. I wasn't ever going to admit it out loud but it was kind of cute how nervous Alex was coming off the roof. It isn't everyday you see the local 'bad boy' scared of something.

It was funny how the closer I got to Alex the more I could see he was far from a 'bad boy'. Yeah he had that brooding, mysterious vibe about him that people from the outside would believe he was a bad boy. While I wasn't severely close to Alex I've seen enough to know he definitely put on a facade around others.

Seeing this side of him let me know Alex trusted me a bit enough to see it. While I wasn't quite sure if we could call ourselves friends yet, we were getting there. Add in the fact he came to my house after what happened earlier, I think we it was safe to say we were almost there.