Chapter 32....

Semi-Edited

Song above is...Kiss Me Again by We Are The In Crowd. (This song is perfect for this chapter!)

Happy Reading!! :)

The rest of the day I was in the best mood. After Alex had left I took off my current sweatshirt and put the one he gave me on. I was a little bummed it didn't smell like him since I washed it but I still put it on. Every time looked down and saw the red the grin would once again take over my face.

I spent the rest of the afternoon catching up on some homework. Ever since I started hanging out with Alex and everyone I don't spend my weekends doing homework to kill time. I was still a bit ahead but less than I was a few weeks ago. I couldn't bring myself to care though.

Currently I was in the middle of making spaghetti for dinner while my phone buzzed on counter every two seconds. I was in a group chat with everyone and it was being blown up by Derek and Noah who were arguing about whether World War Z could actually happen.

Just like me the rest of us were just letting them argue through text. I did almost attempt to text my opinion but after Alex did it and got practically yelled at I decided against it. And instead I sat back and just listened...well read them argue. At least it was entertaining.

I was about to plate my food when my phone dinged. Thinking it was Noah and Derek still I left it until I settled on the couch and had a huge bite in my mouth. Opening my phone I read through the text before the words actually clued in. And when it did I choked on my food.

Coughing I stared down at my phone, re-reading the words over and over. The text I thought was from our group chat was actually from Alex.

A: I'm picking you up tomorrow at 10:30. Dress comfortably.

That was all it said. Was that his way of saying he's taking me out on a date? If so then that means he's taking me on a date. A date! Suddenly freaking out at the thought I quickly started a new group chat with Liv and Lexi.

Me: I think Alex just told me he's taking me on a date tomorrow....

I hit sent and not even a full minute later my phone was buzzing.

Liv: Alex did what? How did he ask you? Did he tell you what you guys are doing? Was he sweet about it? Tell me everything.

Liv rattled off one text after another. I laughed under my breath at her enthusiasm.

Me: He texted me to be ready by 10:30 and to dress comfortably. I don't know what that means.

Nervous at the thought of going on a date with Alex I stuffed mouthfuls of spaghetti in my mouth. I tended to be a nervous eater sometimes.

Liv: He asked you out through a text....seriously?

I could practically see the look of disapproval through the phone.

Lexi: Getting asked out through a text isn't horrible. Lexi finally chimed in.

Liv: Definitely could have done it in person though.

Me: He kinda already did a week ago....

Liv: All I can say is he better pull out all the stops on this date.

Lexi: Back to the topic at hand...

Liv: Right! Are you excited Riley?

I leaned my head back on the couch and sighed. I was excited, beyond excited actually, but it's been a little while since I went on a date. The first couple of times Mitch took me out I was a wreck. I rambled a lot, I laughed at lot at the stupidest things, I didn't know what to do with my hands.