Chapter 24....

Semi-Edited

**WARNING: Some sensitive...information (?) ahead. It isn't really graphic or anything but I do want to put a warning for the last half of this chapter. 

Song above is... Don't Hold Me by Dean Lewis. (This song is so beautiful) 

Happy Reading! 

Alex

Something tickling my nose woke me up the next morning. I went to move as I opened my eyes but something on my chest stopped me. Still half asleep it took a moment for me to realize a head was on my chest. And not just any head...Riley's.

Her brown hair escaping her bun and tickling my face. She was out like a light, snoring slightly. I was slightly surprised that she hadn't gotten up in the middle of the night to throw up. No doubt she was going to have a hangover from hell today.

It was...surreal waking up with Riley next to me, or well on me. Somehow in the middle of the night we got tangled in one another. My legs were laced through hers, her head on my chest with her arm draped across my stomach. My own arm was wrapped around her waist, holding her to me.

God she fits perfectly against me.

I laid there watching as she slept. She looked so peaceful and comfortable that I didn't want to move. I was content just laying there until she woke up, even if my legs were slightly numb from staying in one position for so long.

As I traced her face with my eyes, her words echoed through my mind. I never realized how alone Riley is or rather was. I guess I always assumed her parents were around, but they aren't. She's never once complained about it either.

From what I've learned about Riley this past few months, she doesn't deserve any of this. Sure as hell doesn't deserve what Lingston did to her. It only gave me slight satisfaction breaking his nose. He deserves a lot worse.

Just the thought of Mitch Lingston made my hands tighten around Riley. One day Karma was going to come back around whether it be from me or someone else. But what he did to Riley will not go unpunished, that I will be sure of.

"Alex?" A voice croaked. My head snapped down at Riley's voice. She was still laying her head on my chest, blinking her eyes as she tried to wake up. "What...what are you doing here?"

"You and the girls thought it would be fun to get drunk and then call us to come over." She groaned as if she suddenly now remembered what happened last night.

"I don't feel too good." I couldn't help but chuckle.

"That's what drinking an entire bottle of vodka will do to you."

"Don't laugh at me." Riley whined which just made me grin wider.

"I'll go get you some Advil and you can shower. You'll probably feel better afterwards." I suggested. I know from past experiences that showering and getting something to eat afterwards made a world of a difference with a hangover.

Riley was silent for a moment before she suddenly snapped her head up towards me. Her eyes went wide as if she was just now noticing she was laying on top of me and that I was in her bed.

I laid there as she jumped up but clearly under estimated where the bed ended. Riley ended up getting tangled in the sheets and falling of the side with a loud 'thud'. A groan soon followed as I moved to peer over the side.

"You okay?" I was trying my hardest not to laugh out loud. She just nodded making me chuckle under my breath. Since she took all the blankets with her, I made my way off the bed. I was still dressed in my clothes from last night.