Chapter 28....

Semi-Edited (What else is new)

Song above is....Kiss Me Slowly by Parachute (This song will always be amazing!)

Happy Reading! :)

The next morning I woke up beyond giddy. Despite it being Monday I was looking forward to going to school. Something I haven't felt in a long time; especially since the start of the school year. But knowing I was going to see Alex later made me excited.

After Alex kinda asked me on a date we headed back inside. I was more than okay with watching another movie and spending the day with everyone but as soon as we got back in the fort Olivia was waiting for us.

Apparently Derek's mom texted and wanted them both back for dinner. And seconds after Alex got a text from Noah saying his parents wanting Alex and Harper back as well.

As much as I didn't want everyone to go, especially Alex, I knew they needed to go home to their families. The fact that I was alone hit me straight in the face. I didn't have a family that wanted me home for dinner.

So after everyone left I found myself sitting in the fort by myself, making my own dinner as I watched tv, trying my hardest not to feel bad for myself. It would do me no good. It did help that I kept replaying Alex and I's kisses in my head. Made me feel less alone.

Walking into school the next morning I knew I had a wide grin on my face, something that hasn't happened since the start of the year. I knew I wouldn't see Alex until lunch but that wasn't going to stop my good mood. Now that I knew why he wasn't around in the morning I wouldn't go around waiting or looking for him.

Taking a seat in English I got out the new book we were going to start, 1984, despite already have read the first few chapters. I waited for class to start and couldn't help but over hear a conversation happening in front of me.

"He looks so hot even with that bruise."

"I know! And at the game on Friday he played amazing."

"Don't even get me started on the party afterwards." The first girl interrupted the other. They both swooned as they kept talking and I knew exactly who they were talking about.

Despite Mitch being suspended he was still apparently able to play in the game on Friday. I had forgotten it was a game day, having spent the day with Liv and Lexi and then with Alex at the fight.

Back when I was Mitch's 'girlfriend' I went to all of his football practices over the summer. He wanted me there on the bleachers watching, even when it was 6 o'clock in the morning.

I wasn't the only girl that went to the football practices over the summer. A lot of the girls were under classmen that wanted to look at the guys shirtless as they worked out. And more often then not they all took off their shirts at one point.

It really was a good set of eye candy. I hated to admit it but I did enjoy going and cheering Mitch on as he played. Watching as he threw pass after pass. There was no denying he was a good quarterback.

But because we 'dated' over the summer I never got the chance to actually attend a football game. Mitch use to make me promise that I'd show up and wear his jersey. At the time I couldn't wait. The idea of wearing the quarterbacks jersey in front of everyone was the dream all girls had.

Whether we wanted to admit it or not we all wanted that. Wanted to date the most popular guy and have him show us off by giving us his jersey with his number on it.

I use to get so giddy about the thought. I'd sit in my room after spending the day with Mitch and think about showing up to the game with Mitch's jersey, all the girls looking at me in shock. Like they couldn't believe that the most popular guy was dating me. The jealous looks that would cross their faces as I sat front row, cheering my man on.