Chapter 8....

Semi-Edited!  

Song above is...Recovery by James Arthur (I feel like it fits Riley pretty well. Plus I love him!)

Thank you so much for the lovely cover!!! (if you ever want to make a cover/banner I'd love to see them and post them on each chapter, you'll also get a shoutout!) 

Happy Reading!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

"Stupid Mitch. Stupid school." I muttered under my breath the entire walk to school. Because I had no car I had to walk 2 miles to school and the sky looked seconds away from a downpour. I just prayed I got to school before it rained.

My anger at the whole car situation kept growing last night. I had to lie to Helen that I wanted to 'enjoy the nice weather and walk home' after my shift last night, even if it was after 5. Now here I was walking to school even more pissed off.

Oh how I wanted to rip Mitch's face off. He didn't do it but I knew one of his goonies did. Mitch didn't know a damn thing about cars to do it. I was getting fed up with the whole thing.

Finally getting to school I ignored everyone and headed for my locker, ready for this day to already be over. Reaching inside my locker for my english book I didn't hear someone come up beside me.

"Are you going to avoid us today?" Spooked I jumped, hitting my head on my locker painfully.

"Shit." I hissed, grabbing my head and pulling it out of my locker. Rubbing the top of my head I glanced to my right and saw Olivia standing there with a raised eyebrow.

"Uh hey, Olivia."

"So you do know my name." I could tell she was a little peeved about me avoiding her yesterday.

"Olivia I..." I trailed off trying to say this without being rude. "It's just better you aren't seen with me. It's nothing to do with you." I already felt looks being sent our way.

Olivia was part of Alex's group and she was popular on her own accord, so her being seen with me isn't something that should be happening. For both of our sakes.

"Riley." Olivia rolled her eyes at me. Yes rolled her eyes. "I don't care what dumb ass high schoolers think or say."

"But-"

"I don't care. If I want to be friends with you than I will be." She cut me off with a firm look. I felt hope flare in my chest. I didn't realize how bad I wanted, needed a friend. Humans crave interaction, and it wasn't until I was truly alone I learned just how bad it could be.

"Are you sure?" I had to ask. It seemed stupid that I'd have to but I had to be sure she knew what being around me meant.

"Stop trying to convince me otherwise, it won't work." I fought the ear-splitting grin that wanted to burst free.