Chapter 2: The Crane School's Training

Y/N POV

Timeskip, 8 Years Later...

Rain poured as thunder roared and lightning crashed...

I narrowly avoided a strike from my training partner, Tien before attempting to land another. Master Shen, Mercenary Tao and Chiaotzu, another pupil, watched our sparring match with anticipation as we landed blow after blow without restraint.

Tien was another of Master Shen's pupils. He was about two or three years older than me and was like an older brother to me. Though when it came down to our sparring sessions, we showed each other no mercy which Master Shen enjoyed greatly!

We continued to attack each other, one strike after the next, until we were both battered and bruised from the fight. In terms of strength, we were completely equal. Eventually we stepped back and just stared at one another, both of us panting in exhaustion.

After a short moment of just staring, we both ran forward, as best we could with our injuries and both went in for a punch! Our fist collided with each other's faces and we both flinched back. Recovering quickly, we both then went in for stomach punches and landed them successfully.

I clutched my gut in pain and dropped to my knees, Tien did the same as we both groaned a bit in pain. We remained like that for about a minute before finally regaining enough energy to stand upright.

Before we could resume our fight though we heard a voice yell "DODON RAY!" And a yellow beam hit the ground in between us, stopping us both in our tracks. 

Turning around we saw Master Shen's younger brother, Mercenary Tao standing there with his hand extended in a pointing motion and a displeased look on his face. He glared at the two of us and sternly said "That's enough!"

I turned to look at him as Tien did the same. Tao just kept his glare on us and said "I've had enough of your pathetic excuse of a battle. Now, your next opponent, will be me." Me and Tien looked at one another in shock before turning back to Tao.

I just seemed somewhat confused while Tien asked "Sir, who do you want to fight first?" This only made Tao scowl even more as he carelessly said "I will fight both of you at once. From your weak display earlier, I can tell you won't be any trouble for me."

Tao let out a chuckle as both me and Tien got into fighting stances. Our mentor did nothing though and just stood there with his arms behind his back. Master Shen and Chiaotzu both watched from the side-lines, Shen had a cruel smirk and Chiaotzu had his usual blank stare.

In an instant, Tao disappeared and reappeared right in front of me, landing a punch directly to my face. I was sent staggering back from the force of the blow as he suddenly grabbed my tail and began spinning me around.

Tien attempted to charge Tao in his distracted moment, however a smirk appeared on the assassin's face, he released my tail and sent my flying towards Tien causing us both to crash to the ground.

We slowly stood back up however Tien was met with a kick to the face while I was met with a karate chop in the same location. We both got onto our hands and knees while Tao just watched us with disapproval.

He smirked once again before raising his hand into that same pointing motion. He yelled "DODON RAY!" And a glowing golden beam shot out towards me. I tried blocking it but was instead sent crashing into a nearby rock. Tien tried to rush him again but was just karate chopped again and landed face-first in the mud.

I slowly looked up to see Tao now staring down at me with a menacing grin on his face. The thunder and lightning only added to this as I just stared up at him. Master Shen kept watching this with a sadistic grin on his face.

All I could do now was look at him as he just smirked and said "Pathetic." Before slowly raising his foot and bringing it closer to my face.

After that there was darkness...

Author's Note: That's it for this chapter, I really hope you liked it. The next chapter will start at present day with the 22nd World Martial Arts Tournament. I really hope you liked the chapter and as always, thanks for reading.