Chapter 79: The Battle of Siblings, Y/N vs Frieza Part 3

(So before we begin, I am aware that some of you aren't pleased with how the story is playing out at the moment, this segment in particular. Now I've already explained why I've chose to make the book like this as well as why Y/N is at his current power level and I'm going to continue to write this segment as I had planned to. After this though I'm going to put the book on hold for a while while I rethink the rest of Z. Pretty much I'm going to keep working on this segment as I initially wanted to and consider tweaking some ideas for the next segments especially the Android and Cell sagas. If I can't come up with anything better for that either then I will stick to my current ideas there as well.)

Y/N POV

There was a deathly silence across the Namek plains. I entered a combat stance and stared directly into Frieza's eyes. He didn't even bother entering a stance himself, instead he just stood there, a grin spread across his face.

Piccolo, Krillin and Gohan all just watched in anticipation while Vegeta held an impatient glare. A single bead of sweat tricked down my face though I ignored it. My glare held a psychotic look in them, a look plagued with pure rage and hatred.

Suddenly I yelled "KAIO-KEN!" I raced forward and attempted to land a punch, directly into my brother's face. However he was too fast, in an instant he dodged it and responded by landing an uppercut that sent me flying upwards and shattering the red aura around me.

I was able to stop myself mid-air before once again yelling out "KAIO-KEN x2!" I dashed back down towards Frieza who was just staring up at me with that same malicious grin. I went in for another punch attempting to pummel him into the ground.

Once again though, this effort was proven useless as just like before, he seemingly vanished causing my fist to collide with the ground. I withdrew my hand from the small crater and looked around snapping "Where did he go?!"

I heard a voice right behind me saying "Over here." I spun around only to be met with a powerful punch directly to my stomach. I let out a gasp and a cough before looking at Frieza and saying "Do we really need to do this again?" I then landed a swift jab into his own stomach which caught him off guard.

Using this brief opening, I followed up with another punch, striking Frieza right across the face. I then went on to land several repeated punches and kicks one after the other. As I was doing this I heard Krillin exclaim "There! Y/N managed to land a hit on him! We might actually be able to win this!" Piccolo soon responded "We've got a long way to go though."

And he was right, because my chain of lucky blows ended when Frieza, for a third time, evaded two of my punches and back-flipped a safe distance away from me. Unfortunately, my volley of attacks didn't manage to do any sufficient damage.

Frieza sighed and said "You never fail to amaze me brother. But I've seen everything you're capable of. Those last few shots were merely lucky blows. Now you'll see what REAL power looks like." And just like that, he was in front of me, landing a rapid elbow to my face that launched me back.

As I was flung through the air, I yelled "Kaio-Ken x3!" With the red aura surrounding me, I was able to easily spin myself around and soon went back in for yet another counter-attack. I tried to land a few punches, starting with a left-hoot, then a right, the an uppercut.

Frieza dodged each one before leaping up into the air. I snapped in rage "GET BACK HERE!" Before using the Kaio-Ken x3 to follow up after him. He abruptly stopped and was once again able to dodge me rushing towards him.

I tried to follow with a strike from my tail and was able to hit him just-about before I spun around and tried yet another punch which made him disappear once again. I frantically began looking around before I finally found him once again.

He stood, watching me, his arms folded and that grin STILL plastered across his face. This only served to anger me further as I growled at him before yelling "Fine then! KAIO-KEN x10!"

Yet another burst of energy rushed through me as I raised my right index finger in front of me. The golden orb of energy appeared before I pointed it at Frieza and yelled "SUPER DODON RAY!" I fired the blast down towards him.

He leapt up, successfully dodging the blast however this allowed me to fly directly towards him and land a successful kick that managed to hit him head-on and launch him directly into a nearby mountain, causing it to collapse on top of him.

For a moment, he was completely silent. I wasn't fooled, I knew he wasn't dead. He was just trying to do a fake-out, luring me into a false sense of security. And it didn't take long for him to prove my point, as the rocks began to move and he emerged.

Now, for the first time since our battle had begun, his grin was gone. Now he had a stone-faced glare. His red eyes were fixed on me before he let out a simple sigh. And the next thing I knew, he was in front of me again. I was met with a barrage of punches and a downward swing from both his hands that sent me crashing to the ground once again.

It was now or never, THIS was my last chance to defeat Frieza. Raising my hands to my head I yelled "THIS ENDS NOW! SOLAR FLARE!" And followed it up by yelling "KAIO-KEN x20!" The first attack temporarily blinded Frieza while the second pushed my power as far as it could go!

As soon as my feet hit the ground, I rebounded myself, hurtling back towards Frieza and instantly going in for an uppercut. He dodged though and I spun myself around in the air, going for a barrage of attacks. 

No matter what I tried, I could only land about three to five hits at a time before Frieza would resume dodging almost effortlessly. It was at this point that reality was beginning to get past my rage and I was also beginning to doubt my chances more and more with each failed hit. That's when I heard Frieza speak up.

"This is growing tedious."

Suddenly, as I was going in for yet another punch, he raised his hand and caught my fist with little effort. My eyes widened as I muttered out "How-? How did you-?" Slowly, that smirk returned to Frieza's face as he leaned close to my face and whispered "It's very simple really."

He then struck me with his tail, sending me flying to the ground. Due to our already close proximity to it, I was unable to stop myself and I impacted it hard. I landed on my front and was just about to get on my hands and knees before Frieza landed in front of me.

He began to approach and once he was close enough, he lifted my head with my left hand before crouching down in front of me. He then finished his sentence saying "You should have stayed hidden Zero. You were a fool to come to this planet and you were even more of a fool to think that your little 'Kaio-Ken' trick would be enough to stop me. As much as I've loved our little catch-up. It's time to end this."

He placed his index finger directly at my face and a pink energy built up around it. I just stared at him angered. Was this my end? After I had just been brought back to life?! I wouldn't die again! I wouldn't!

Out of no-where though, Frieza was hit by an initially unknown attacker! When I looked up, my eyes widened when I saw Vegeta standing there, an arrogant smirk on his face as Frieza recovered quickly from the surprise attack.

I wasted no time asking "Why did you help me?" Vegeta bluntly responded "Save your breath. I didn't help you. I was just growing bored of your feeble effort. Now let me take over, I'll put on a better performance than you can."

As he walked off, towards Frieza I stood up, snapping "NO! I won't let you take him down all by yourself. This is still MY responsibility to see this through!" Vegeta rolled his eyes and responded "Fine, just don't get in my way."

We both turned our attention towards Frieza as I asked "What makes you think YOU can do any better than I did?" Again, Vegeta just shot me an overconfident grin before replying "Because, I have finally realized the legend Frieza fears so much. I have finally become, a SUPER SAIYAN!"

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter. I'll admit, I'm not feeling very confident when it comes to uploading for this book at the moment. I know some of you haven't been too pleased with how the book has played out so I ask that you please bare with me, it will get better if some of my plans work. Next up will be Y/N and Vegeta vs Frieza, the only thing I decided to chance since originally I intended for Vegeta to fight Frieza 1v1 like in the series though I felt this might be better. I do hope you enjoyed this chapter and as always, thank you for reading.