Chapter 30: The Legendary Master Mutaito

Y/N POV

The young Roshi took both me and Goku back to the temple where he trained. Now we were in an open room, students sat in a square position all around us. Me and Goku knelt on either side of Roshi. Before us was none other than Master Mutaito, the 'strongest' man who we had been sent here to battle.

Image of Master Mutaito:

Mutaito addressed us kindly

Mutaito addressed us kindly. "Interesting boys. So you both study Martial Arts as well?" Me and Goku both nodded and said "Yes." However I added "Sir." onto the end to be more respectful. Roshi then said "I'm sorry for bringing them here Master but they insisted on seeing you."

Next Mutaito asked "So, what training academy are you associated with?" Goku answered and said "Right now we're studying with Popo." Roshi exclaimed "WHO?!" All the other students laughed as Shen said "Nice pets Roshi! Do they do tricks?"

I glared at him as Mutaito simply closed his eyes and said "Interesting name. What are yours?" Before I could say anything Goku spoke up "I'm Goku, we were sent here to fight the strongest man, I hear that's you will you fight?" 

I cut him off by saying "I am Y/N. With all due respect sir, we were sent here to battle the strongest human alive. From what I've gathered, that would be you. I would humbly ask that you spar with us." I bowed once more as a sign of politeness. 

Goku blurted out again "Do you accept our challenge!" Mutaito responded "You both have the eyes of a warrior, I must admit I'm curious to see if your spirit is as strong as your stare." Goku asked "So, you'll fight us?"

Mutaito nodded and said "That's right, I accept your challenge." Once again, Shen spoke up, "Master, they're beneath you. Let me fight them instead." Mutaito sternly snapped "That's enough! I can fight my own battles thank you." He turned back to us and said "Alright then. Shall we?"

I asked "Which of us do you want to fight first?" Mutaito turned to me and said "I am content fighting you both at the same time, if that's alright with you." I nodded and both me and Goku got into fighting stances. Mutaito however remained kneeling in front of us.

Goku asked "Wait, are you not going to take a fighting position?" Mutaito responded calmly "I am aware of your presence young man. I am quite comfortable in this position. Proceed." With that me and Goku rushed forward.

Mutaito easily dodged a kick from me and blocked a punch from Goku. I then attempted to swipe him with my tail however he dodged that one as well. He then attempted to punch me but I jumped upward, dodging it just in time. 

Goku tried to kick but his foot was caught and he was thrown across the room. He caught himself however suddenly Mutaito was right in his face. I tried to leap down at him and attack but he dodged it causing me to land on top of Goku.

Then Mutaito let out a yell as he was surrounded with an aura of white energy, he extended both of his hands and pointed his fingers at us. He then moved forward and tapped us gently. Regardless of how light his touch was, we were sent flying across the room and both crashed into the wall.

Image of Mutaito channelling his Ki:

I slowly stood up and said "You're beyond anything I could have imagined sir

I slowly stood up and said "You're beyond anything I could have imagined sir." Mutaito gave me a kind smile and responded "As were you. Both of you demonstrated great speed and power. Your are both warriors."

Goku then asked "Thank you sir, but I don't understand. You barely touched us yet you blew us away." Mutaito responded "Spiritual power. It's not unique to just me, EVERYONE has it. It's the basic form of human energy with proper training one can control it at will."

I asked "So what you're saying is, that with training, I can gain power similar to yours?" He nodded and said "With a lot of hard work. Follow me."

Timeskip...

Me and Goku followed Mutaito and now we were stood in front of a large waterfall. Mutaito turned to us and asked "Can you separate the water Goku, Y/N?" Goku asked "Separate it?" Mutaito stepped forward and once again, began channelling his energy.

I noticed a beam emerge from his middle finger as he continued to yell until eventually, he raised his arm and sure enough, split the waterfall in two!

Image of Master Mutaito's technique:

I looked on in surprise as Goku exclaimed "That's amazing!" I added "Indeed, I never thought such a thing was possible

I looked on in surprise as Goku exclaimed "That's amazing!" I added "Indeed, I never thought such a thing was possible." Mutaito sternly said "Your amazement is misplaced, it's just hard work. With concentration, anything is possible." 

He then proceeded to say "Clear your mind of any unnecessary thoughts, focus! The rest is up to you." I nodded in understanding and said "Yes sir." What I was unaware of was the fact that we were being watched in the bushes.

Shen POV

I watched Master Mutaito instructing those two brats with rage. What did they have that I didn't?! Though there was something about that boy with the horns and the tail that caught my interest.

His robe was almost identical to mine. Only it wore a symbol that stood for 'Crane' on the front. Also his fighting techniques were similar to that of my own. I must admit, this was beginning to get more confusing.

I would just have to test him for myself!

Author's Note: That's it for this chapter, I really do hope you liked it. Next chapter will be the last one in the Time Room until the Saiyan Saga when he will use it again to fight those phantom Saiyans. Anyway, I do hope you liked this one and as always, thanks for reading.