Chapter 33: Three Year Reunion

(Y/N is dressed similar to Tien and Chiaotzu in this chapter, the hat is covering his horns.)

Y/N POV

You have no idea how difficult it was explaining to Master Shen where I had been for the last three years. He even admitted that he thought I had betrayed him much like Tien and Chiaotzu had however I quickly assured him that was not the case.

With all that out of the way, we both made our way back to Papaya Island for the 23rd World Tournament. I signed myself up however unbeknownst to me, someone else would be entering the tournament under Master Shen, someone I had long believed to be dead.

After signing up, I turned to Master Shen and said "I'll meet you at the hotel. I wish to stick around. Size up the competition." Master Shen shrugged and responded "Whatever, just don't take too long." I could tell his tone was angry and impatient as he walked away.

I looked up at the rain as it hammered down. I then heard the sound of familiar voices, turning to face them I saw none other than Master ROSHI standing there with the girls from the last tournament. I approached them and could hear their conversation.

Images of Master Roshi, Launch and Bulma:

Apparently they were still waiting on Goku, Krillin and the others

Apparently they were still waiting on Goku, Krillin and the others. As I approached I got their attention by saying "Greetings." They all turned to look at me. Upon noticing it was me though their eyes widened in shock as Roshi exclaimed "Y/N! You've changed!"

I just grinned and said "Indeed, it has been three years after all." The blue-haired girl glared at me and said "Where's that precious Crane Hermit of yours at?" I shrugged and answered "Probably at the hotel by now. I'm sticking around though, getting an eye for the competition."

Roshi looked at me sadly "Y/N, it pains me to still see you under Shen's thumb like this. I'd have thought the battle with King Piccolo would have changed your outlook." I sighed and said "I took in much of what you said, it's more complicated than you think."

I changed the conversation and asked "Any sign of Goku and the others?" The girl in the red dress shook her head and said "No, he's not here yet." We then heard a little girl crying out "Balloon! Balloon!"