Chapter 13: A Talk With Tien

Y/N POV

Now that the Semi-Finals were over, the Tournament once again was called off for the night. In the morning the final match between myself and Goku would be held. Though until then I had another important matter to attend to.

Upon returning back to our hotel room I instantly went to confront Tien. And sure enough, I found him meditating silently. His hands rested on his crossed legs as he hovered off the ground. 

I got his attention by saying "Tien." His eyes opened and upon seeing me, he floated back up onto his feet and looked down at me before responding "Y/N. What's wrong? Are you alright?" I stepped into the room and said "I don't know, are you?"

Tien seemed taken aback by my question but I could tell he knew what I was referring to. He quickly responded "I'm fine." I just stepped forward, questioning "Really? I know there's something bothering you. Ever since my match against Master Roshi you seemed uneasy, I could feel it all throughout our battle."

After I said this, Tien just sighed sadly, he went over to one of the beds and sat down. He then said "Y/N. What I'm about to say can't leave this room okay? You can't tell anyone. Not even Master Shen and Chiaotzu."

Both Master Shen and Chiaotzu were absent from the room already, where they were, I'm not sure. But this made it easier to confront Tien and get an honest answer. I sat down on the bed opposite and nodded my head, giving him chance to continue.

Tien sighed again before beginning his explanation with a question. "Y/N, do you ever think that Master Shen may not have our best interests at heart?" I just stared at him blankly for a moment before saying "Of course he does, what makes you think otherwise?"

I already had an idea why he was thinking like this and sure enough, he said "During the last match, I had a talk with Roshi and-" I cut him off by leaning closer and staring him directly in the eyes.

I sternly said "Tien, you cannot allow that Turtle Hermit to get to you. He desires to corrupt your mind, turn you against our master." Tien replied "But what is we're not killers, what if our master is just having us believe that for his own purposes." I then said "Tien, I can understand your confusion but we must have faith in Master Shen."

(The reason Y/N is so much more loyal to Master Shen is because he literally was raised by him from infancy to now. So in a way, he's far more loyal than Tien is.)

Tien just looked back at me and said "Right, I'll try. Thank you Y/N." I offered him a surprisingly gentle smile and said "You're welcome. Just take into account what I've said."

Shortly after that, Master Shen returned from wherever he'd been and we all went to bed. Little did I know that my words had little effect on Tien's mindset. But for now, I had more to worry about. My match against Goku was tomorrow and I couldn't fail my Master and the  Crane House...

Author's Note: That's it for this chapter. I'm sorry it was so short and bad, it was mainly to bridge into the next chapter. I also had trouble dealing with Tien's redemption since he hasn't fought Roshi. Still, I really hope you liked it and thank you for reading. Next up will be the fight between Y/N and Goku, I hope you enjoy.