Chapter 82: The Ultimate Battle Begins, Goku vs Frieza Part 1

Y/N POV

With Vegeta out of the way, Goku turned his attention to Frieza, a look of fury present in his eyes as he spoke up "You seem to delight in seeing other people suffer and you treat life like a disposable commodity. You destroy homes, you take the lives of innocent peace-loving people! You even take the lives of children! And all of this, for your own amusement or personal gain. Well, now it's your turn!"

Frieza just grinned arrogantly and replied "Oh, is it really? And I suppose the great Super Saiyan is going to arrive and magically defeat what has never been defeated. It's legend, fantasy." Goku retorted "Who care's, don't you see, it's ME who's going to stop you!"

The two fell silent after this and instead just stared intensely at one another. Either one could make the opening move, it was just a matter of waiting and letting. The anticipation was palpable to say the least.

Behind me, I heard Piccolo suddenly yell "Gohan, Krillin Y/N! Let's go NOW! You're distracting him!" Gohan and Krillin both took off after the former gave some encouraging words to his father, I however stayed for a moment and this didn't go unnoticed by Piccolo.

He landed behind me and said "Y/N, let's go." I responded bluntly saying "No, this is just as much my fight as it is his. I need to-." I was cut off when Piccolo suddenly started yelling "Forget that! That's just your pride talking! Look at yourself Y/N, you've already tried and failed to defeat Frieza, Goku may be our only chance now! Besides, you're in no fit state to be getting in the way now!" His sudden rant caught me off guard.

I paused for a moment, thinking about what he was saying, after finding out Frieza was my brother, I had been filled with a surprising amount of adrenaline and rage which lead me to throw myself at  Frieza again and again. I brushed my hand across my lip and looked at some of the blood from the earlier beating I took. Looking at it from another, more calm, perspective, I wiped it away before quietly saying "Okay, have it your way."

Me and Piccolo both took off, luckily, I turned around just in time to witness one of the most intense fights I would ever see. Goku lunged forward and connected a punch that Frieza blocked. After that they disappeared.

I could still see them briefly appearing again as they crashed into one another, Frieza tried to land a series of tail attacks though Goku successfully dodged each one. He then attempted to fire a beam of energy though Goku used one of his own to evade that as well.

The explosion created a giant cloud of smoke that completely shrouded Goku, even though we could still sense him, Frieza couldn't and proceeded to fire a series of eye beams that all missed their mark. He soon leapt over the smoke, getting a clear view of Goku before firing more beams that all missed as well.

The battle between the two was brutal, and for the first time, we saw Frieza actually having to try as Goku matched both his speed and strength almost equally. They continued to battle, landing attack after attack before Frieza fired yet another blast.

At first glance it would have seemed that the blast hit Goku head-on. However he reappeared shortly after, behind Frieza so that the two were standing back to back. The tiny platform of rock they stood on eventually broke causing both of them to leap into the air.

Goku attempted to land a punch however Frieza dodged it and vanished for a second. Goku landed on the ground and shot two blasts towards a nearby hill, this caused Frieza to reappear again before disappearing shortly after.

Even I was having trouble sensing  Frieza at this point, it seemed his energy was all over the place. He could have been anywhere. At last, Frieza emerged from the nearby lake and fired an energy wave towards Goku.