Chapter 44: Prelude to the Final Battle

(Since we're approaching the start of DBZ in a few chapters, I would just like to ask what you'd like Y/N's relationship with Vegeta to be like? Do you want them to get along because they both want to surpass Goku or do you want them to dislike one another because Y/N is a member of Frieza's race?)

Y/N POV

We all stood around in the pouring rain, waiting for the final match between Goku and Piccolo to begin. Given how Piccolo's battle with Kami went, there was a lot of tension surrounding us. 

Eventually though, Roshi broke the deathly silence by asking "For once I'm lost Goku, explain it to me." Tien added "Yes, it's pretty obvious that Junior would like nothing more than to rip you to shreds. So what's the history between you two? Tell us what's going on."

He paused before saying "I gather from his bad looks and his bad attitude that he must be a member of Piccolo's tribe." Krillin added "Come on Goku. Tell us." Goku just made up the excuse "Uh, it's difficult." 

I snapped and said "Goku! We can't keep this a secret from them any longer. It's best that they know sooner rather than later." Yamcha asked "Is there something you're not allowed to tell us about?" Eventually Roshi caught on and asked "Oh no! Is he-?!"

Goku nodded before answering "Junior is-" He gulped before finishing "-King Piccolo." Everyone was stunned into silence except me who just remained with a blank look on my face.  Tien yelled "But that's impossible Goku! It can't be! You exterminated him!"

Chi Chi added "I'm completely lost here, help me to understand because this just doesn't make any sense, didn't you and Y/N destroy Piccolo and save the world?" I nodded as Goku said "Yes, we killed him."

Goku then explained what Kami had told us years earlier. "According to Kami, the egg King Piccolo released contained his essence. And Junior hatched from that egg. So he must be King Piccolo reincarnated. It's strange but Junior seems to possess greater powers than his father. One way or another, I must find a way to stop him."

Roshi sighed and said "I never thought we'd have to face another Piccolo. No matter what we do, he always seems to return." Yamcha then pointed out "Wait, wasn't it Piccolo who emerged when Hero was struck by the Wave?"

Tien added "Perhaps it's a trick. What if Junior got ambitious and captured Piccolo so he could take over as ruler." I explained "The person you saw resembled King Piccolo, but it wasn't him." Tien asked "Well there aren't exactly many Piccolo lookalikes running around, whoever he is, he must be related." Both me and Goku nodded Krillin urged "Just tell us."

I answered "He only masqueraded as Hero to get to Junior." Tien asked "Who is he?" Yamcha added "His brother?" Krillin then added "His mum?" I shook my head before answering "He's Kami." 

This also caused everyone to gasp in shock as I continued "You see, Kami and Piccolo were born together as one. Piccolo is pure evil, Kami cast him aside creating two beings, one good, one evil." Goku finished my sentence "They are connected, if one dies they both suffer the same fate."

Roshi then said "That explains it, the Evil Containment Wave, it is the only thing Kami could use to vanquish Piccolo, without sacrificing himself anyway." Goku turned to Tien and asked "Is it possible for Kami to escape from the bottle, could we free him?"

Tien responded "If you can remove the cork yes. But the only way to get to that bottle is down Junior's throat." Krillin suddenly screamed "Then it's impossible, it's not like Junior's just going to cough it up! He's extraordinarily strong!"

Tien nodded and said "Krillin's right, even if we all fought him together, out combined strength would be insufficient to stop him." Yamcha then said "You're forgetting something Tien. Goku and Y/N's increased strength. Even if Goku loses the fight, Y/N will likely be able to defeat Piccolo."

Goku triumphantly said "I'll stop Junior! I promise!" Roshi sighed "To bear such a burden, it's unfair Goku. But since the Evil Containment Wave failed, you two are our only hopes." He looked at me as well before finishing "I think Junior knows you're both threats, that's why he's come to stop you."

A voice suddenly interrupted "That's quite a story." We turned around to see Piccolo Jr standing near the wall, arms folded with a grin on his face. Krillin exclaimed "It's PICCOLO!" 

Piccolo began a speech "When it comes to being a nuisance, Goku excels, no one is more troublesome than he. Perhaps your saviours would have a little glimmer of hope, if his hadn't been so lazy during his training."

Piccolo approached us, laughing to himself and continued. Though as he spoke, I began to see more of the old King Piccolo in him than before. "Your friends thing you have skill, but we both know the truth, you were just a little boy who got luck and had help, but three years is a long time and I've grown stronger."

When he said 'help' he briefly glanced at me. Goku responded boldly saying "You're not the only one." Piccolo laughed "Keep up the brave façade, once I've dispatched you from this world, I will ensure Y/N follows suite and then it and all your friends will be MINE! And there's NOTHING you can do about it!" 

With that Piccolo walked away and dramatically flung his cape. "The intermission is over! COME! It is time I fulfilled my destiny!" He gave us one last grin and cackled to himself. The clouds finally parted letting the sunlight shine through.

That's when we finally heard the announcer yell "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! YOUR PATIENCE IS ABOUT TO BE REWARDED! THE FINAL MATCH OF THE 23RD WORLD MARTIAL ARTS TOURNAMENT BEGINS NOW!"

Author's Note: That's it for this chapter, now we're finally at the Goku vs Piccolo battle and that might be a long one (I'm talking three maybe even FOUR chapters) since this fight is already over an hour long in the series. Now I hope you enjoyed this chapter and as always, thank you for reading.