Chapter 56: Back through Time, the Phantom Saiyans

(So a few chapters ago, I asked you all what you wanted Y/N's relationship with Vegeta to be like. Well I've finally come up with an idea. At first they will hate one another. Vegeta will hate Y/N for a reason that will be revealed later while Y/N will hate Vegeta for his indirect involvement in Tien and Chiaotzu's deaths. However later on that hatred will shift into a more friendly rivalry since they both wish to surpass Goku. For the most part they will also be equals over the course of the book.)

Y/N POV

The six of us followed Mr Popo. The room he lead us to was large and dark, the most notable feature was the swinging pendulum. Krillin commented on our strange surroundings "Wow." Yamcha added "Check it out." Tien asked "What is this place?"

Mr Popo responded "Here, past present and future are mixed." We approached a large red seal on the ground as he continued "This is where you'll begin your time trip. When Goku and Y/N were with us last. Most of their training took place in this room."

I spoke up "It looks different than I remember it doing." Popo nodded and said "Yes, this room changes appearance to match the flow of time. Yamcha exclaimed "Goku?!" Mr Popo replied "Yes, I hope you're ready."

(I had to explain how the Time Room changed in appearance between the two filler episodes it appeared in. Originally it was a room full of clocks and now it's a giant swinging pendulum.)

Tien commented "I think we are, let's do it!" Yajirobe commented "Hey guys, have fun. I'm a lot of things but I ain't no guinea pig. Popo addressed the rest of us. "Those who wish to go. Step into the circle please.

The remaining five of us all did exactly that as Popo continued "Gentlemen, I can only recommend that you see with your hearts. Now close your eyes please. The next time you open your eyes you will be in a far off place exactly 100 years ago. I wish you luck."

I shut my eyes and shortly afterwards I felt a surge of energy followed by some sort of strange feeling within. Sure enough, Mr Popo was right. The next time I opened my eyes, I found myself in a hellscape with red skies.

The others all opened their eyes as well as Chiaotzu asked "Where are we?" Yamcha responded "I don't know but there's been some serious fighting going on." Krillin added "This place is demolished." Tien finally commented "Sounds like the fun is over though, listen."

Silence spread across the atmosphere until suddenly we heard the sound of something falling. Spinning around we were surprised to see a skeleton on the ground wearing the Saiyan's battle armour. Yamcha exclaimed "Look! It's a Saiyan!" Krillin added "Not anymore."

Tien leaned forward and said "Listen, I think I hear something." We heard the quick sound of racing footsteps and I'm pretty sure I sensed a power level nearby however it disappeared in an instant. Yamcha commented "That could have been anything." To which Krillin replied "Yeah but it was definitely something."

We kept walking until we arrived at some kind of fountain that seemed to be pouring BLOOD! Yamcha again commented "What a battle this must have been, look at all these Saiyans! Looks like we missed all the action." The skeletal bodies of Saiyans littered the ground. 

I must admit, I was kind of scared by this strange place. Tien stated "Mr Popo must have been off on his calculations. It's over." Yamcha responded "There's bound to be a few Saiyans left, we'll just look around until we find them."

I nodded in agreement before saying "I think we'd better stick together. In case we run into any trouble out here. And stay sharp." Yamcha arrogantly proclaimed "You don't have to worry about me, I could take on a Saiyan with my hands tied behind my back!"

What we were completely unaware of was that we were being watched from the shadows.

??? POV

Me and my partner remained in the dark doorway to one of the buildings, analysing these new trespassers. I heard one of them proclaiming how he could take on a Saiyan 'with his hands tied behind his back.'