Chapter 12: The Turtle School's Strongest, Krillin vs Goku

Y/N POV

I had defeated Tien and successfully secured my place in the finals. Now it was time for the second match of the Semi-Finals, this time it was between Goku and Krillin. The Crane School's strongest had finally been decided, now it was time to decide for the Turtle School.

Tien had seemingly disappeared after the last match and I was beginning to grow concerned. Like I've said before, I always saw Tien as an older brother to me and I could tell he wasn't feeling right both during and after our battle.

I was snapped out of my thoughts and turned my attention to the two Turtle students as they entered the ring and now stood opposite one another. They wished each other good luck and with that the drumroll started as the Announcer yelled "Alright, onto match six! And begin!"

The gong was struck and Goku and Krillin instantly entered fighting stances. After that, they just stared each other down, slowly moving by maintaining their constant stare at one another. 

Finally they rushed one another and began landing a barrage of punches and kicks. Even though I despised both warriors, I couldn't deny that they certainly possessed great skill, beyond anything I'd seen before outside of myself, Tien and Roshi from when I fought them in this Tournament.

This just went to show what happens when a strong warrior faces another warrior of similar strength and skill. 

Their display continued on like this until eventually they split apart, using the arena to propel themselves back towards one another. They both went in for punches at the exact same time and once again they were at it with the punches and kicks.

Eventually Goku knocked Krillin back, causing him to perform several flips, Goku disappeared and tried to attack from behind however Krillin dodged using the Afterimage technique. This caused them to once again start hitting each other relentlessly before Goku leapt into the air.

Krillin followed him and they resumed their skirmish in the sky. Before coming back down to the ground. Now they just stared at each other before Krillin finally said "Attacking from behind, that was smart. I almost didn't sense you." 

Goku returned the compliment "Thanks. The way you dodged me was great." They continued staring at each other before Krillin abruptly moved, landing a solid punch to the face that sent Goku propelling into the wall.

He tried following this up by dashing towards him however Goku jumped upwards, avoiding the attack. Krillin went up after him as I saw Tien walk towards me, I said nothing and continued watching the battle.

To my surprise, the sun reflected off Krillin's bald head temporarily blinding Goku. This gave Krillin a chance to land a powerful kick that send the tailed boy crashing back to the arena. Before he hit the stage though, he turned around and landed on his feet causing both me and Tien to gasp in shock.

The announcer then pointed out that Krillin's effort left him a sitting duck for Goku to counter-attack since he was left in mid-air and unlike me, he had no knowledge of the flying technique so he couldn't dodge.

Krillin once again surprised me though as he managed to suck in a large breath of air and slow his fall, similar to Goku's trick against King Chappa. This caused Goku's attack to miss and they both landed back into the ring.

The pair conversed but I didn't listen, I just wanted to see who my opponent would be. Suddenly though, I saw Tien flinch and start growling before muttering to himself "I'll show you old man. Just how Anti-hero we can be. When Y/N destroys Goku."

I turned to him and asked "Are you alright?" He looked at me before saying "Yeah, I'm fine, it's nothing." I let out a "Hmm." Before turning back to the fight in progress.