Chapter 57: Kami's Final Test, Y/N vs the Earthlings

Y/N POV

One Year had almost passed by now and our intense training under Kami continued to progress. Now that we all knew the kind of threat we were up against, we would now begin our training proper to prepare us for that threat. In this short space of time, we had all become significantly stronger, reaching levels I could have only dreamed of before.

I stood next to Kami and Mr Popo, watching the others all spar with one another while wearing weighted training clothes. The reason I myself wasn't partaking in this particular training exercise was because  I was already familiar and used to weighted clothes so there was no need for me to get involved here.

Chiaotzu was floating next to us and commented as Tien and Yamcha clashed with one another. "Tien and Yamcha seem about equal, they're looking good." Kami nodded in agreement as I said "Indeed, they've quickly adjusted to the weights."

Tien fired a miniature Tri-Beam while Yamcha fired a beam from his hands. The blasts collided before they both rushed forward and clashed together once again. 

While this was happening, Krillin was having a tough time adjusting and fighting Yajirobe who seemed to dodge each of his attacks with minimal effort. As Krillin rushed forward, Yajirobe tackled him before spinning around and biting him.

I eventually turned to Kami and said "Sorry sir, but I wanted to make a request." Kami turned to look at me, signalling for me to speak. I continued "I would like to have a practice match against these five at once, to see how much they've improved over the past few months."

Kami thought about it for a moment before saying "Yes, I could see benefit in your request. I accept." He then stepped forward and announced "That is enough for now gentlemen. I have a new test for you all."

Tien, Yamcha, Krillin and Yajirobe all turned to look at us and as I stepped forward, Kami continued, "Y/N here has just made a request which I believe could help all of you." He paused, making sure they were all listening before continued.

"Y/N has offered to fight all five of you at once, in order to test how each of you have improved." They all looked at me as Tien asked "Y/N, are you sure about this?" I nodded and said "Of course. I should be an interesting training exercise."

With that, Chiaotzu floated over to the others and all five of them entered fighting stances. I did as well and we simply waited as Mr Popo raised his hand upward before dropping it down and yelling "BEGIN!"

Instantly, both Krillin and Yamcha rushed towards me, they attempted to punch me however I used Afterimage in order to disappear into the air. Yajirobe leapt upward, clutching his sword in hand. However as he went to slash I used Afterimage again in order to appear behind him and swatted him with my tail, sending him crashing into the ground.

I wound up distracted by this and couldn't react in time when Tien suddenly appeared next to me and struck me with a karate chop to the side. He followed it up with several punches, the majority of which I was able to dodge however a few of them managed to get through my defence and he ended it by hitting me to the ground with his Volleyball Fist

I quickly recovered and flipped back onto my feet as Chiaotzu quickly extended his hands out in front of me, using his telekinesis to try and paralyse me however I remained out of his field of few and landed a delicate jab to his back causing him to fall down.

Krillin fired his homing energy blasts at me and I leapt upwards, dodging their initial path. Naturally they curved round and were once again heading towards me. I raised my finger and pointed it at the beams, yelling "DODON RAY!" Firing two beams instead of one and cancelling both blasts out.

Behind me I heard "WOLF FANG FIST!" I spun around as Yamcha thrust his fists out in a rapid succession of punches, I did my best to counter each one however much like with Tien, some managed to get through.

(This is the point in the story where Y/N begins to become noticeably stronger than the Earthlings. At this point though, the gap is still quite a small one hence why he's having trouble fighting all five Earthlings at once. In a 1v1 Tien is the only one who has a chance of winning.)

I was so focused on Yamcha I didn't noticed Krillin leap up behind me. When I did notice him though, I began dodging him as well, though this was increasingly difficult. When I saw an opening, I elbowed Krillin only to be hid over the head by Tien, sending me back to the ground.

Again, I got back up to my feet as all five Earthlings stood before me. Tien asked "Are you impressed so far Y/N?" I grinned back at him and replied "Oh, I'm only beginning to enjoy myself properly. Show me more."

Timeskip...

Our fight was an interesting one to say the least however eventually Kami and Mr Popo decided that enough was enough. Now we all stood in front of them both as Kami gave us one final speech.

"Gentlemen, Mr Popo and I are both very pleased with the progress you have all made here. Each of you have reached a new level of strength and technique. But the time has come for you to go back down to Earth. The future of the planet is in your hands. May you fight with honour."

We all said in unison "Right!" Yajirobe then asked "Kami, can I take these weighted clothes off now?" Kami replied "You may do as you please." Yamcha turned to us all and asked "So, what are you guys gonna do down below?"

Krillin replied "Well I saw that we go somewhere to continue our training." Chiaotzu responded "That's a good idea." I nodded in agreement and said "Very well, sounds like a plan."

With that we all went our seperate ways. Me, Tien and Chiaotzu travelled to an old training ground of none other than Master Mutaito himself in order to resume our training independently.

Little did we know, that the Saiyans were quickly approaching, and would arrive the very next day...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter. I'm really sorry for such a late upload, Thursday and Friday I was busy and today I was out all morning and didn't get back till about mid-afternoon. Anyway, I really hope you liked the chapter, next chapter we will finally be at the start of the Saiyan battle that I've been hyping up for ages, I hope you enjoy that as well. And as always, thank you for reading.