Chapter 15: The Beginning of a Rivalry, Y/N vs Goku Part 2

(Just imagine this playing when the fight resumes.)

I turned around to see who had grabbed my arm. When I saw who it was though my eyes widened in shock. But before I could say anything myself, Master Shen's enraged voice could be heard exclaiming.

"TIEN SHINHAN! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!"

Sure enough, Tien was stood right behind me, keeping a firm grasp on my arm. He let go and turned to face Master Shen in the audience. The two just stared at one another in silence while.

Image of Tien confronting Master Shen:

Master Shen eventually communicated in both mine and Tien's minds

Master Shen eventually communicated in both mine and Tien's minds. "Tien? Why do you interfere?! Have you forgotten what this brat did to Tao?! It is Y/N's duty to avenge his death by ridding this world of the brat responsible!"

I heard Tien's voice reply "I will never forget Tao, but if Y/N kills Goku here, he will end up forfeiting the match-" He was cut off by Master Shen angrily saying "Forget about the damn match!" Tien just looked down as I stared between my Mentor and my older-brother figure.

There was a pause for a moment as no one said something. Until Master Shen eventually barked out loud "TIEN SHINHAN!" To this Tien yelled "LEAVE ME ALONE!" After that everyone was stunned into silence, no one cared any more that Tien had interfered with the match. 

That's when Goku flipped back upright and the announcer commented on it. Goku yelled It's my turn now!" Before racing towards me, though before he could arrive Roshi exclaimed "Goku stop!"

Tien turned to me and said "Y/N. I know deep down that you feel the same way about this." I just stared at him blankly as he continued "Surely you must know that there is no good that comes from killing Goku."

Master Shen then added "Make no mistake Tien, you and Y/N are born-killers. Or do you forsake your destiny?" Tien looked away before saying "No Master, our destiny is not what you'd have us believe. We're not killers. 

At this point Master Shen was shaking with rage as he yelled "You weak coward! Insolent fool! You have allowed that senile Turtle Hermit to warp your mind!" The announcer then said "Excuse me but I can't allow you to disrupt the fight." He turned to Tien and said "And you, you'll have to leave the stage." Master Shen yelled "I'm speaking!" 

My master was leaning of the edge, almost climbing into the arena as he ordered "Chiaotzu, paralyse both Tien and Goku! Y/N finish them off!" Chiaotzu looked shocked as Shen yelled "Chiaotzu!" 

Chiaotzu responded "I'm sorry Master, I will do anything  you ask of me, but I cannot hurt Tien Shinhan or Y/N." My eyes widened, I realized that even though I didn't have any blood relatives, Tien and Chiaotzu were my family, I couldn't allow either of them to get hurt.

In a moment of rage though, Master Shen grabbed Chiaotzu by his robe and lifted him off the ground. "You dare defy me?! So the betrayal spreads throughout the ranks! Then you too can share in Tien's fate!"