Chapter 28: Earth's Guardian and Shenron Restored

(Y/N will actually train under Kami TWICE in this book. The first time is now and the second will be in preparation for the Saiyans. He will come here again with Tien, Chiaotzu, Krillin, Yamcha and Yajirobe.)

Y/N POV

"I will meet with you now."

I must admit I was shocked, both at the fact that we would be seeing Kami before we had even begun our training and the fact that Kami was addressing me and Goku DIRECTLY! 

Goku exclaimed "Woah! You mean it? Before the years of training?" He started jumping up and down as Mr Popo said "You're fortunate boys Goku and Y/N. This is rare." I bowed and said "I am grateful then."

We approached the doorway and waited outside, Goku asked "So where is he?" Mr Popo answered "Remember stay put." We just stared in anticipation until suddenly an arm appeared clutching a cane. Goku exclaimed "Oh boy!" With the arm came a figure who slowly stepped out into the light. Let's just say I don't think either me or Goku were expecting this, Earth's Guardian looked exactly like PICCOLO!

Goku yelled in rage "PICCOLO!" Before racing forward, I raised an arm and prepared to fire a Dodon Ray however Mr Popo caught my wrist and shook his head at me. Goku leapt upward and yelled "I should have known you were still alive you big monster!"

Mr Popo exclaimed "Goku no!" While Goku jumped forward and extended his arm for a punch saying "GIVE US BACK OUR FRIENDS!" To my surprise though, the Piccolo lookalike simply flicked him away and sent him flying back towards Popo who caught him effortlessly.

Goku cried "Let go of me! You don't understand he's the bad guy we told you about!" Popo then replied "It is you who fails to understand, this is NOT Piccolo." I turned back to the figure in confusion to see him walked towards us.

"I should have known Korin wouldn't explain it to you. He thinks he's very funny." Popo put Goku down as I asked "Wait a minute, Korin?" The being responded "There's a good reason you boys mistook me for Piccolo. Ages ago, we two beings were one, a single coin with two opposing sides. My name is Kami and I am indeed the guardian of this planet."

Image of Kami:

Kami continued "But it wasn't always that way

Kami continued "But it wasn't always that way." Goku asked "What do you mean?" Kami explained "Guardians are a mortal lot just like you two. There was a Guardian before me and I sensed his end was approaching. I made the same trek that you did, up to this Lookout, hoping to become his successor. But he turned his back on me."

I just listened as he continued "You see a Guardian's motives must be pure. Yet in me was a selfish desire for its power and control. A side that thrived on bitterness and hate. For many brutal years I meditated and trained, until I was finally able to separate my impure desire and DRIVE it out of my body."

He paused for a moment before saying "That evil became Piccolo. While in my purified form I remained on this Lookout and became the next Guardian, Piccolo went down to the Earth to insight disorder. It's been a great source of guilt for me." He then smiled and said "But you Goku and Y/N have stopped him in his boldest assault. And in gratitude I will give ear to your request."