Ch1 - Sad Prose

Earlier that night.

It's been five days now that your beloved little sister, Yui, had fallen into a coma, origin of the coma is unknown. The doctors found nothing suspicious or anything that could lead to anything bad based on the tests that could answer the question as to why she was in her current state.

"It's as if she just fell asleep, but refuses to wake up." The doctors say.

That being said, it all leads to two options:

Her coma could be the cause of a cursed spirit. But that had to be debunked since most cursed spirits would just maul a human like a wild bear, and if there was a cursed spirit around, you'd be the first to exorcise it.

The second option would have to be a curse put on her by a jujutsu sorcerer. Who could be the culprit of this, is unknown. Well at least you thought so yourself.

Walking out of the hospital room for a small bathroom break of visiting your sister in her seemingly deep sleep, you could feel the familiar presence of two people you hadn't seen in a good six years. Or well at least just one presence...

You walked down the stairs of the hospital that lead to the entrance in front of the reception.

The hospital was quiet that night, nothing but the sound of your heels hitting on the tiles of the floor.

You stopped at your tracks as you could feel the two piercing gazes thrown at you from your right side.

"To what do I owe the pleasure..." You said turning your head on the right "...Principal Yaga."

Principal Yaga stood up from his seat and walked up to you, his stern and serious expression was unreadable. You turned to fully face him, you smiled at him before engulfing him into your embrace.

You could say he was like a father to you back on the days you would reside in Jujutsu Tech in Tokyo for your studies.

"It's good to see you again, Miss (L/N)." He said in a stern voice, a faintly noticeable smile on his face.

You let go of him and looked from the side of him, the principal of Jujutsu Tech in Kyoto, sitting there.

A staunch traditionalist like old man, maybe in his mid 70s, he stood up from his seat and started to walk towards you.

You squinted your eyes and a scowl appeared on your face, hatred for that old man fueled your body. How could it not? For years he's been trying to get you back to the world of Jujutsu and no matter how many times you refused he'd always reappear once again.

Matter of fact, he hasn't been bothering you for the past year. You assumed he died because let's be honest... He looks like a whole raisin on it's last straw.

"And here I thought you had died... What a pity." You rolled your eyes at the last part of the sentence you said.

Before he could open his mouth to spew something foul and rotten you stretched your hand out, signaling him to just shut up.

"Don't even start." You stated.

Yaga sighed at your antics towards the old man.

"We're really sorry to hear about your sister." Yaga's stern voice caused you to look at him, he was quite taller than you, he towered over your small figure actually.

"Thank you." You thanked the man, "Now why did you bring this sack of old skin and bones with you?" You asked. Anger coming through your voice as you asked.

"If you're here to ask me, once again, to comeback to being a Jujutsu sorcerer, you're in vain. I won't comeback." You said and turned around from them knowing where this conversation will end.

"And I made that very clear years ago, and I had to repeat it to the old sack there too. Over and over again." You started to walk away from them, you didn't care whatever they had to say. You had other priorities to worry about than that.

"Miss (L/N), wait--" Yaga's sentence was interrupted by the sound of a grumpily, scratchy and deep voice of an old man.

"This is about your sister." Gakuganji said, his voice made you stop in your tracks. Anger shown over your E/C eyes, you had assumed it must be the work of a jujutsu sorcerer, you couldn't just point your finger at anyone and accuse, which is why you decided to play dumb.

"What about her?" You turned around to face the old man, Your face went back your normal expression.

"Am I right to assume you already figured it out that what happened to your sister is the work of a jujutsu sorcerer." The old man spoke. "You're probably also looking for the culprit of it. Well, look no further. I did it." Gakuganji had a small evil grin on his face, you wanted to wipe it from his face and giving him a scar to remind him everyday of you for the remaining last years he has in front of him.

"You wrinkly old geezer, the hell did you do to her?!" You yelled as you approached him in a fast pace, you also startled the receptionist on the counter who was just working.

Yaga stood in front of you, towering over you before you could do any harm to that wretched old man and send him to his overdue grave.

Yaga grabbed your arm before you could even think of dodging him.

"You two are very lucky I don't have my bladed fans with me, otherwise it wouldn't look pretty for neither of you." You said in a threatening tone, the two men didn't budge at it, but they knew what you were capable of.

"Please, I have no intention on harming your sister. All I want you to do is listen to the proposition I have, if you accept and fulfill it your sister will be awaken." Gakuganji spoke, rather calmly for your taste... There has to be a catch there.

"And if I don't accept? Then what, old fart?"

"Then your sister won't awaken." He said. "Although I do worry about her." He added.

His words... They were like venom dripping from his lips.

You stopped for a moment before giving in to whatever proposition he had to offer, you had to do it. This isn't for your sake, this was for the sake of your sister and her health.

"...I'm listening..."