Ch25 - The Zen'in Clan

The Zen'in clan, where does someone begin to explain them. Listing the good side and the bad side of that family would be futile considering that it would be one sided.

The Zen'in clan is known to embody nobility, yet however what they value is far from anything noble. They value powerful cursed techniques that are passed down from their hereditary and reject their own family members if they don't deem their power acceptable.

Good examples of that would be Maki Zen'in, who was born with barely any cursed energy in her body and now the clan has been pestering her ever since.

Toji Zen'in, who changed his last name to his wife's after leaving the Zen'in clan for having a lack of cursed energy.

Megumi Fushiguro was born with the Zen'in clans most celebrated hereditary technique,
The Ten Shadows Technique, therefore they paid Toji top money for his custody. Satoru prevented that, and Megumi found his way to Tokyo Jujutsu Tech.

The Zen'in clan, much like the other clans, are also known to treat their own family members as servants rather than family. The warmth a family is supposed to provide was replaced with cold and humiliation for those who are deemed unworthy.

Naobito Zen'in is the current head of the Zen'in clan, he embodied all the inhuman ideals of the other major clans in addition also a high dislike for the Gojo clan.

You walked up the stairs and requested for a visit to the clan leader, a timid man in a yukata came to you and told you to follow him. While walking you looked around the Zen'in's ancient like architecture. Everything was beautiful, but only to cover the ugly truth that lies behind the walls.

"We're here." The timid man said as he bowed to you, you bowed back at him as gratitude and his eyes widened. He went away to carry out other duties whilst you stood in front of the closed door where The head of the Zen'in clan was waiting.

You opened the shoji door and the stench of alcohol and the one of an old man filled your nose, it was a disgusting mixture. Suits the Zen'in clan right.

You saw the old man sitting down with a container of what you assumed could be nothing but alcohol.

"You look indecent." Were the first words he spoke to you, you would never allow yourself to be insulted by an old man like that.

"Coming from the old man who reeks of alcohol and looks like he doesn't know how a shower works, what an honor!" You stated and came forward, he growled at what you said, you got under his skin within the first ten seconds of seeing him again.

"Watch your mouth!" He grunted as he looked up to you with spite and venom on his eyes, glaring as if you were worthless of his time and being, ironically it was him who was worthless of his whole existence.

"Then maybe you should watch yours, a snake won't lunge unless provoked." You advised him in a stern voice and looked down on him in disgust, he was truly a menace to society and his actions were just repulsive, grim and disgusting.

"Why have you even come here, you have nothing to gloat about right now, do you?" He asked after he saw that this would only turn worse if he kept insulting you.

"I wouldn't have even come here to save my life." You started, "I'm merely here to tell you that you're signed as a supervisor for a first grade assessment. Surely you've heard about the Tokyo students recent grand deeds."

He gave you a smug look and expressed his disapproval by saying "tsk" you rolled your eyes knowing he did but didn't want to bite the bait.

"Well, I told you why I'm here. My job here is done." You waved to him in a disrespectful and dismissive behavior.