Ch20 - Deep Buried Past 2/3

A/N: Manga spoilers ahead!

(L/N), (F/N), Current Age: 15, soon 16.
Jujutsu Tech first year - Tokyo.

"And that's how I got these damned cat ears!" You complained as you were sitting down pointing at the cat ears on your head.

"If you hate them so much, Why are you wearing them then?" Your sister, Yui, asked.

You groaned in dissatisfaction as you couldn't even tell yourself the reason why you were wearing them, you saw them on the counter this morning in your dorm room and just took them. 'Come to think of it, why did I even accept his gift?' You thought to yourself before you answered.

"I don't even know..." You answered your sister, "Sounds to me you have a crush." Your mother chimed in on the conversation as she sat down on the table and her phone ringed.

"I don't. He's annoying." You answered her, "That's how everyone is to you, (F/N)!" Your father said. You growled at him in frustration, your father loves teasing you more than anything in the world.

"You know, it's not healthy to hide your little crush, I'd like to meet him." Your father added, "Me too." Your sister cheered.

"I. Don't. Have. A. Crush. On. Him." You said to them and they both looked disappointed.

"Yui, that was the hair salon. They said you can get your hair cut tomorrow." Your mother smiled at your 10 year old sister.

'Why would she get a hair cut?..' You thought to yourself with a neutral expression and stared at your sister.

"Why would you get a hair cut?" You asked her in a monotone voice, "Because I kind of wanna get short hair." She answered with a smile.

"But... Shinkiro always loved our long hair." You whispered to her, suddenly remembering that it shouldn't be your place to speak on that. Your sister had a, sad and disappointed expression.

Suddenly you remembered that that's not your place to speak on, everyone can do what they want with their hair, and that it's not your place to speak on others likings.

"Nevermind. Sorry, I think you'd look great with or without long hair." You smiled at her, you accidentally also stepped on a rather sensitive topic.

— — — — — — — — — —

Word travels fast in the jujutsu world, your upperclassman, Geto Suguru, has been charged of homicide of a whole village and his parents as well.

From what you know, Geto is an only child. To hear that someone you've come to care about in matter of the few months you've known them is rather heartbreaking. You always saw him as an older brother, some sort of replacement for the one you lost. You couldn't believe any of this and the worst part is that the way you found out was by eavesdropping a conversation of Yaga and Gojo in the halls.

"Suguru massacred the village he went to, and now he's on the run." Those words Yaga said made you stop, 'He would never do that...' you thought to yourself.

"I heard you. That's why I said 'Huh?'" Satoru spoke, shock in his voice. He didn't believe that as much as you didn't.

"There's nothing left in Suguru's home anymore." Yaga stated, you hid behind the wall in attempt to get more out of this, how come you didn't know already? Why would he even do that.

"But going by the bloodstains and remains... He likely attacked his parents as well." Your knees dropped the moment Yaga finished the sentence.

'There's no way he would do that...' You tried to console yourself with your thoughts, 'Those have to be all false.' Tears dwelled in your eyes, you could still hear Yaga and Gojo converse with each other regarding the issue with Suguru, but your heart ached too much to listen to that.

You quickly stood up and dashed through them, while somehow managing to not sob while you said "Excuse me."

You ran straight to your dorm and that's when you officially reached the breaking point, now crying completely while curling yourself into a ball.

— — — — — — — — — —

You've mustered up enough strength and will to finally get out, your eyes and face couldn't hide the fact that you cried, although you lied your way out of everyone that asked you if you were feeling well, it still never hid the mistrust on their face.

Whilst walking the halls of Jujutsu Tech you noticed Satoru talking on the phone with someone. He hung up and turned to you.

"How much did you hear?" He asked, You assumed he was talking as of the phone call he had. "Huh?! N-Nothing!" You trembled at the sound of his voice.

"I just got here, I swear I heard nothing of your phone conversation." You said as you shook your hands in denial, you had no energy to say something witty or something you usually do.

"I wasn't talking about the fucking phone conversation, (F/N)!" Satoru almost yelled,
"I meant back when you dashed through us at the hall while I was talking to Yaga."

You looked him in his light blue eyes, the pain he was feeling through the news had cut him deeper than you, he knew Suguru for much longer than you so it would make sense that he feels most pain.

"Enough to know what he's done..." You whispered out and lowered your head, Satoru heard and his whole existence felt like it could destroy you. You fought back your tears as you looked him in the eyes once again.

"Gojo-senpai, are you alright?" You asked in worry, his fists were clenched and the anger, concern, and betrayal he felt made you care for him more than you would have.

"You... You don't look so well yourself." He said and started to walk, he walked past by you and you felt cold all of a sudden. What's this that you're feeling? The aura surrounding him was anything but pleasant.

"Where are you going?" You asked as you watched him walk past by you. "Shinjuku." He simply said and walked away further, "Why?" You inquired him, your legs started to tremble as you asked.

"To see Suguru."

Your eyes widened, you ran up to him and grabbed his left arm. Satoru stopped walking when he felt you cling up to him, "Then, I'm coming with you!" You said confidently, he swung his arm away from you and started to walk away once again.

"No. You'll stay here. Follow me, and I'll kill you." He threatened and you gasped, this is so unlike him, threatening you like that? Sure you two had a rather questionable friendship but for him to threaten you out of nowhere just so you don't follow him around like a lost puppy is completely unlike him.

You dropped on your knees when you heard that and tears dwelled once again. Completely shattered is how he left you.

A/N: This chapter was kinda boring tbh, i'm sorry guys 💔

me: *says i'll have a publishing schedule*
also me: *publishes everyday cause i'm an idiot*

anyways thanks for reading.