Ch40 - Whatever Lies Ahead

•Your Point of View•

The past days had been like bliss, never have I ever felt so alive.

As I gazed upon the sunset from the Headmaster's office, I wished moments like these could last for eternity. Be as it may, I can tell that something has been brewing up.

Question is... When will it overflow?

"Are you alright, (F/N)?" I heard the Headmaster Yaga say.

"Hmm?" I let out a faint sound and turned to him. I could tell that he knew something was troubling me, as stern as he may be, he always had a soft spot when it comes to me.

"You seem a bit troubled." He said, "I hope it doesn't have to do with that blindfolded nuisance." He added.

His choice of words made me laugh, although he despises Satoru, I wouldn't say he necessarily meant every insult he directed to him.

"I'm alright." I answered to him, "Just a bit taken back of everything that's happened... It's a bit hard to process."

"Indeed." He sighed. I sat myself close to him and took one of the stuffed animals of his onto my lap and stared down at it.

In times like these, I would always seek for advice from my brother. In a way, he always knew what there has to be done.

"I wish Shinkiro was still around." I said to him. Yaga tensed up a but at the thought of him. Something tells me that Shinkiro didn't leave a good impression on him.

That is what I've believed until...

"Me too." Yaga said. I looked up at him confused, "He always knew what to do."

"I believed you dislike him." I said to him, Yaga gave me a warm smile at that. We both started laughing for a short moment. "I hated him, actually." He said.

"But being the last person to see him alive... It's not easy to harbor any hate on a dying man." He calmly said. That's when the whole area became dark, not just by the night, but also by the memories. The atmosphere was turning cold every second.

I took a deep breath and stood up. "My apologies, Headmaster. I have some matters to attend to." I said and turned to walk away.

I walked out the Shoji door and a few tears escaped my eyes. 'Why was I crying?' I thought to myself. Not understanding anything that has been going on here. More like... What was going on with me.

— — — — — — — — — —

I walked through the halls of the School's dorms who were lit by the lights on the wall, even saw a few of my students and greeted them, trying to make the atmosphere become better was a tough challenge.

I stopped walking when I found myself in front of Satoru's dorm. It had become our dorm now.

My eyes widened as soon as I opened the door of our dorm, as I saw the one most precious thing to me laying on bed.

I walked closer to it and saw my brothers katana there, completely polished. I left that sword on the drawer for display back at my childhood house. How did it even get here?