Ch22 - First Grade Assessment Training

"That's good everyone, run more laps across the training ground." You demand the first and second years that are soon to be assessed as first grade sorcerers.

You sighed and walked away to the side of the field, Inumaki was there watching you approach him, he wasn't even supposed to be here considering he's not going to be assessed for first grade.

You sat next to him on the bench as he greeted you with his limited vocabulary. The students all ran past you, they were in their tracksuits which to be honest was better than the school uniform, the things you made them do were warm ups for their soon to be assessment for first grade sorcerers, you thought it would be a good idea to let them train hard before they go out and exorcise first rank curses.

"They sure are impressive, right?" You smiled at Inumaki. "Salmon." He replied to you, affirming what you just said. You wanted to tease him a little being that he's the only one that didn't get a recommendation.

"So... Your classmates, and underclassmen are all soon to be assessed for first grade. Doesn't that make you feel jealous?" Your head was inches away from his, Inumaki deadpanned and looked at you through his dark purple eyes.

"Bonito flakes!" He exclaimed in an angry tone and pointed at your face. You laughed and he got up and walked away, knowing that if he stayed more he had to endure more of your teasing.

You laughed as you saw him walk away, "Hey! Come back, I swear I won't tease you." You shouted to him however he just kept walking away.

"You sure have the whole teacher thing all figured out already." Satoru leaned down and his face was a few inches away from yours, his hands were in his pockets as well and his blindfold was a hindrance to make eye contact.

"Thank you, that's a compliment." You said to him and smiled, he sat down next to you to the place Inumaki sat, before you decided to tease him and shoo him away with that.

"I see your hickeys have healed up well." He said and you rolled your eyes. "They haven't, I just used a color corrector and concealer to cover them up." You explained and Satoru had no idea what you were talking about.

"I don't like what you're wearing." Satoru pointed out at the clothing choices you made. You crossed your legs and flipped your hair to the side, "That's your problem then." You stated. "And I know for a fact that you're enjoying yourself quite a lot with what I'm wearing."

And it was true, you looked appealing to him and also very attractive. It was actually just a white crop top with a navy blue skirt and white stockings with navy blue lines on them and a college jacket from back then when you left and your hair was half up in a high ponytail.

"I do like it, but I also don't." He said, you didn't even want to hear anything from him regarding your looks. You just waved him off and your eyes went over to the students.

"Sometimes I really think they all hate me." You said as you watched them all run, "I would've ran with them but it's kinda risky..." You pointed at your neck signaling him that you'd sweat your makeup off and they'd assume the right things.

"They don't hate you." Satoru said as he put his leg over his knee and spread his arms over the bench.

"And how exactly do you know that?" You asked with a smug face, "You smother them so much, they probably love you." Satoru sighed.

"Hey! Stop sitting there and supervise us!" Nobara angrily shouted at you while pointing out to you. You sighed, "What the hell do you think you're doing? Having chit-chats while we sweat here running track all day?!"

"Maybe I was wrong?" Satoru said to himself, "How are you gonna deal with her?" He asked you sounding interested.

"I already have a plan." You watched as an angry Nobara approached you. She was followed by the other students, she really was mad.

"Okay guys, listen up. Class is cancelled." You said and smiled, "Me and Satoru decided to give you two the day off, right Satoru?" You smiled and nudged him.

"When did we have that conver—" You interrupted him by stepping on his foot and he yelped a little as your heel started to dig into his shoes.

"Now go, have fun." You said to them and they all looked a bit confused, but eventually they agreed and left, as they left you went up to chase Nobara.

"Got a minute to talk?" You asked her with a smile. She just looked you up and down as if she was judging you, she looked you in your
E/C eyes and sighed, "Yes, what do you want?"

"When was the last time you had sushi?" You asked and she glared at you, her glare causing you to sweat a little, 'This girl can be really scary.' You thought to yourself as sweat dripped down.

She sighed in defeat and opened her mouth, "It's been a while since I had sushi, why?" She answered to you in a rather cold tone, currently you were contemplating if you're actually doing something right or maybe something wrong.

"I wanted to invite you to go shopping, and then eat sushi. But only if you want to." You said calmly, somehow you were scared she'll reject, or that she'd insult you.

"Sure." She said, "But I'm only doing this for sushi. Oh, and you're paying for everything." She said as she turned her back on you and walked away.

"MEET ME OUTSIDE THE MAIN ENTRANCE IN AN HOUR, KUGISAKI!" You shouted at her, hoping she wouldn't leave you hanging.

— — — — — — — — — —

You got ready quickly for that one hour of time that you had. Before you could go to see Nobara you actually dashed all the way over to Satoru's room to ask for advice on how to handle Nobara best and how to get on her good side.

"She likes to talk about herself, you should compliment her a lot. It'll take time for her to warm up to you, but you'll he fine." is the advice he gave you, sounds easy enough.

You then ran through the whole building of Jujutsu Tech just to find Nobara on the entrance. You gulped as you saw her tap her shoe on the ground repeatedly, you chuckled sheepishly waiting for her to say something witty.

"You're one minute late." She said annoyed and crossed her arms. "I'm sorry!" You scratched the back of your neck.

Nobara was wearing a black and short summer dress, it really looked stunning on her and emphasized her body pretty well.

"Must you always look eye-catching?" She rolled her eyes, and indeed you did look eye catching. The black short sleeved turtleneck that was a bit see through and the checkered black and white skirt with the black belt that hung loosely down your thighs fit you like they were custom made for you, and the small black heart-shaped that looks like it can only hold a phone and a purse in it complimented your whole set.

"And what's your obsession with those boots?" She asked you and turned away to walk, you chased after her and caught up to her, "If you like this outfit, I could lend it to you." You said to her and she raised an eyebrow.

"Would you really?" She queried, you gave her a warm smile before you spoke, "Of course, us girls should look out for each other." You said to her and she hummed silently.

"And besides, You'd look better in it than me." You started and laughed a little, "I mean you already do. Just look at you, the dress you're wearing looks so pretty." You complimented her. She laughed and rolled her eyes, you were hoping that that was progress...

A/N: the most boring chapter i've ever written for this ff umm...