A Stronger Man Stands Up For Others

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓Nerezza Lupin-Black┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛"This is the endHold your breath and count to tenFeel the Earth move and thenHear my heart burst againFor this is the end"

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Nerezza Lupin-Black
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛
"This is the end
Hold your breath and count to ten
Feel the Earth move
and then
Hear my heart burst again
For this is the end"

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

We waited only half an hour before the trio apparated into the living room.

The three looked dirty and slightly worn out but mostly they were in tact. They said they'd been successful at Gringotts and they'd also found a way into Hogwarts-through a secret passage Dumbledore's brother had shown them. I didn't even know Dumbledore had a brother but oh well.

"Sister" Harry spoke softly, taking my gloved hand in his, "its time. This ends...tonight" he nodded to me.

His eyes shimmered with love, hope and sadness. We didn't know who would be standing here after this battle and I didn't know if I was prepared to be the one who lived. I didn't want to be in this world without any of my family, I'd rather die then watch them die. I was so tired of grief and I'd found such love with my new family-I'd finally put Sirius to rest.

I couldn't lose anyone else.

"Yes brother, it does." I confirmed, "is everyone ready?" I called back at the Order.

Everyone began pairing up to Apparate, some saying their farewells and hoping to Merlin that they'd see each other again, "Harry, if this is the last time we can speak properly" I cleared my throat feeling a lump form.

"Don't go saying goodbye so early Nerezza!" Hermione gushed with teary eyes, her hair in a loose braid as she approached Harry and I.

I could feel Fred and George standing on either side of me, their chests pressed lightly into my back for security-to keep me comfortable. My lip quivered and I gripped Hermione's forearm. Ron seeing how upset Hermione was, placed a hand on her shoulder before he patted my cheek affectionately.

"We're not ready to say goodbye yet" Ron mumbled sadly.

"No ones saying goodbye" Fred dismissed, "we're all going to live! Tomorrow morning we're going to be stood on Hogwarts bridge, ready to go home. I can see it now" Fred said wistfully, closing his eyes as if to picture it.

"Yeah, we'll still be around to annoy you lot" George said light heartedly but his eyes showed his fear.

"I love you guys" I blurted.

They all looked at me, their hopeful expressions sinking and reality setting instead.

"We love you too" they all responded.