7

"What? You missed me that badly?" the voice asks, a deep chuckle rolling off his tongue.
"Why would I miss my boss?" you scoff, teasing Jungkook. You walk away from him, the first time it isn't the other way around.

Jungkook gently grabs you by the shoulder and swiftly turns you around to face him again, "Well you clearly didn't come for a drink." he says.
"What do you mean? My workplace is my first choice of place to drink. We only make the best coffee." you grin with pride. "You mean our workplace? And your tongue is blue, traitor." Jungkook says. He crosses his arms and cocks an eyebrow, "Speechless now, huh?".

"Actually, I only drank half of a slushie before throwing it out. I decided I'd rather drink here, clearly not a traitor." You say.

Jungkook pauses to think, tapping his foot dramatically to pretend to be in thought. "...Nevermind, I liked it better when you were speechless." Jungkook teases.
"Bullshit! He went crazy without you here yesterday!" Yoongi says, smiling at you as he walks by the conversation, continuing with his work.
"That's a lie!" Jungkook snaps back, calling out to the man. He turns back to you, "That was a lie. He's lying." Jungkook says.

You purposely stand in silence, stretching the tension to make Jungkook feel as awkward as you possibly can. He clears his throat.

"So.. you skateboard now?" he asks.
"I always have, for a few years now." you chuckle.
"So I guess you're really good at riding?" Jungkook asks, a smirk grows on your lips.
"What kind?" you ask, raising your eyebrows suggestively. You watch as Jungkook's face starts to flush when he realizes your insinuation.
"I mean, if you're a hands-on learner I can show you—." you begin to tease.
"Y/N, stop." Jungkook calmly says, placing a hand out in front of him as he closes his eyes, processing what just happened. He sticks his tongue in his cheek, frustrated at how unsure he is on how to respond.

Jungkook is typically the one saying dirty jokes, making others flustered. No one has ever been able to push his buttons, especially sexually. And from you? He can't flirt back, you're his employee.. but this made Jungkook want you even more.

He takes heavy breaths as his heart races, cheeks still blushing. "Uhm, sorry y/n. I think I just heard Namjoon call me, but I'll see you on Sunday. Alright?" He forces a smile, patting your shoulder before quickly walking away.

You stand where you are, frozen. Confused.

"Hey, hey, hey. Taehyung." You stick an arm out to stop him as he walks by. "I just told someone a dirty joke and they completely just.. walked away. This person usually teases me and argues back but this time he was just... nice. It was weird. Like he wanted to run away. Does that seem weird or am I overthinking?" you ask.

"Well it depends on who you're saying the dirty joke to." He responds.
"Jung— Mr.Jeon." you say. Taehyung's eyes widen.
"You told Jungkook a dirty joke and he didn't flirt back?..." Taehyung asks, you nod. "I don't think that's ever happened before." he says.
"Alright, thanks.. you can keep working." you say.
And with that, you skateboard back home.
Overthinking the whole situation.

I know he's my boss and the head chef.. but it was all harmless flirting, right?

You sigh. You spend the remainder of your time off watching Netflix with your dad and annoying your video-game addicted brother.

"What movie do you want to watch tonight?"
"I have to go to work." you say to your father.
"This late at night?"
"Yeah, Mr.Jeon wants me to start during a night shift." you explain.
"Well Mr.Jeon might be receiving an unexpected visit from me soon." your dad says, half-jokingly. You chuckle, "No, it's fine. Nothing I can't handle."
"That's my girl." your dad says, a proud smile splayed on his face under the dim light of the television.

You drive yourself to work, walking into the diner with your waitress uniform on. "Anyone miss me?" you call out, expecting to hear a sarcastic laugh or snarky chuckle. No response. You shrug it off, walking to the back so you can hang up your sweater and bag.
You freeze at your coathook when you hear the sound of sloppy smacking lips.

Who the hell is kissing?
And why are they kissing like THAT...

You wince in disgust at how wet and careless the sounds are. Curiosity gets the best of you when you decide to quietly step and look around the corner.
Regretting it immediately, you find Jungkook making out with some random girl, her hands awkwardly searching his body as they open-mouth kiss.

Your hand flies to your face, covering your mouth to hide nervous laughter. You quickly run back to your coat-hook, closing your bag and running out to the kitchen. "Are there any tables I can take an order at? Any dishes I can hand out? Give me work." you practically beg, facing Hoseok and Jimin as they cook an array of delicious meals, following Jin's recipes.

"Welcome back!" Jimin smiles.
"It's great to see you, y/n." Hoseok also smiles. You
force a chuckle, "Thanks, but is there any work you can give me, like, right now?" you desperately ask.
Hoseok looks over from his steaming pot, eyeing you with concern. "You okay? I've never seen you this.. anxious." He asks. Jimin laughs, "You look like you've seen something traumatic." he jokes.

"I did, I just witnessed Mr.Jeon eating some girl's face." you say. Hoseok and Jimin simultaneously pretend to gag, expressing disgust.

Namjoon walks into the kitchen with his clipboard. "Smells good, guys. Y/N! I forgot that your shift starts in a couple minutes." he says. You nod, an uncomfortable expression still on all of your faces.

"... everything alright?" Namjoon questions.
"Jungkook is kissing girls in the back room." Jimin says, Namjoon groans. "Again?" he rolls his eyes, quickly heading to the back of the diner.

You wait for him to disappear around a corner before leaning forward and asking the two men, "What does he mean 'Again'?" you ask.

"Ever since you left the diner yesterday, Jungkook has been bringing random girls here and making out with them." Jimin explains.
"Jungkook being seen with different girls daily isn't out of the ordinary, it's just annoying since it's at work. He's slacking off when he's supposed to be running the place." Hoseok's says, he sighs. "Anyways, take these plates to table four." he says. You nod, taking the plates from him and walking out into the main dining area.