32

"You said we'd ease into getting more vulnerable with each other. What is this?! A last minute dinner plan with your three brothers and your dad?!"
"Well you've already met my dad." you say into the phone.
"Y/N..." Jungkook frowns, you sigh. "Jihoon has been on my back for days about planning something with you. He said that if I don't bring you to him, he'll find you himself." You say as Jungkook nervously bites his lip.
"Jihoon is your youngest brother, right?"
"No, oldest." you correct. "Fuck." Jungkook mutters to himself, loud enough for you to hear over the phone.

"I'm sure my family will love you. If I'm happy, they're happy... are you cooking?" you ask, hearing the sound of bubbling and boiling over the phone.
"If my personality can't win them over, hopefully my homemade bulgogi japchae will." Jungkook says.

Jungkook rings your home's doorbell. "Will, Han, Jihoon. Will, Han, Jihoon." he repeats to himself, trying to remember your sibling's names.
You answer the door, his eyes immediately lighting up at your sight. Jungkook is thankful that none of your other family members had opened the door and wishes he could kiss you all over in that beautiful black dress.
"Jungkook!" you cheer, wrapping your arms around him, cautious of the pot in his hands. "Come in, come in." you insist.
Jungkook slowly steps into the house, looking around. "Am I allowed to like, kiss you??—" He whispers, you cut him off by planting a firm peck on his lips. You put your hands on his shoulders as he takes a deep breath, "Relax, koo." you croon.

The corners of Jungkook's lips that he had been biting nervously turn up into a grin. "Koo." he smiles at you, "You called me Koo." he says. You roll your eyes with a smile, chuckling at his adorable reaction to this newfound nickname. "Yes, yes I did."

You feel Jungkook's hand tense up around yours as you walk into the living room, your family's heads all turned away from you as they sit on couches.
"Jihoon, Will, Han, Dad. This is Jungkook. My boyfriend." you say. Their heads all quickly turn at your words.
"Holy shit." Will mutters as he stands up, observing Jungkook. Han elbows Will's side.
"Be nice to him." You say, raising your eyebrows and glaring as you make eye contact with each of your siblings. Han waves a hand dismissively, "Of course we'll be nice."

Jungkook shakes each of your brother's hands, masking his nerves with his classic charming smile, in which he's perfected. He is a professional businessman, of course.

Jungkook shakes your father's hand, "Mr.Wilkes, it's a pleasure to see you again."
Your father nods, "Likewise. I'm glad you've successfully detached yourself from y/n this time." he says. Jungkook's eyes widen.
"Wait, what?" Jihoon says.
"Dad!" you groan. "We didn't know you were home, alright?" you say.
"I'm just teasing, at least I know that Jungkook is taking good care of you." Your dad sends you an over-exaggerated suggestive wink. Jungkook looks back at you, covering his mouth with his hand as he chuckles in surprise at your dad's humour.
"I wanna understand the joke—." Will begins.
"Dad, please stop acting like you're 12 years old." you say, crossing your arms.
"Fine, fine. Let's just eat."

"So you're telling me y/n was able to bag you? A tall, muscular, hot, rich, funny dude? Who can cook?!" Will asks in disbelief, Jungkook laughs. "Trust me, I have many faults beneath the surface. I feel like I'm the lucky one in this relationship." Jungkook says, looking to you. He gently rubs your thigh with his thumb under the table as he smiles at you.
"And he's modest?!" Will says.

You put your hand on top of Jungkook's, "Oh, stop it. You have a line up of girls ready to pounce on you at all times. No guys want me." you say.
"Those girls aren't worth it like you are, though." Jungkook says. You lean closer to each other as you stare, quickly getting interrupted when your dad purposely clears his throat, startling you.

"Jungkook, you seriously made this bulgogi japchae yourself?" he asks. Jungkook nods, "Yes sir."
"It's really good." Will says, taking another bite.
"Seriously, it's incredible. You should open
up a place." Han chimes in. You and Jungkook immediately look to each other before bursting out into laughter. "You guys know that Jungkook is the head chef that runs the diner I work at.. right?" you say.

Han narrows his eyes. "Wait.. this is the Jungkook you told me about? Your boss? The player?" he asks, staring at you as he points an aggressive finger at Jungkook.
Jungkook begins to nervously laugh, "Well.. I—."
"Wait, you told me about him too! About how you were so conflicted because he kept bringing girls to the café and making out with them, or something." Will says.
"You what?" Jihoon says, looking to Jungkook.

Uh oh.

"Y/N..." Your dad sighs, looking to you almost seeming disappointed, his lips pressed into a bitter smile.

"Please, let me explain." Jungkook says, continuing to rub your thigh as it comforts the both of you. "The only reason I started having flings with other women was because I wasn't allowed to be with y/n. I was pretty broken over it."
"So.. you had sex with other women." Jihoon asks, Jungkook nods. "I tend to revert back to my player ways when I get.. hurt romantically." he says.

"Lets say, hypothetically, you and y/n get into a rough spot in your relationship.. you'd go and cheat on her?" Your father asks.
"Dad—."
"Y/N, it's okay." Jungkook looks to you before looking back to face your father and brothers. "Of course I wouldn't cheat on y/n. I slept with other women because I thought I could never have y/n. But now that I do, I'll never need anyone else." Your eyes slightly widen at these heavy and sincere words that also leave your family in awe. Your dad clears his throat, "Are we all done eating?" he asks. Everyone nods. Jungkook stands up, "I'll do the dishes." he offers, beginning to take everyone's plates.

"Great.. y/n. Can I talk to you?" Jihoon asks. "Sure..."