13

"My body fat percentage is 10, but I'm sure y/n can tell you that after I show her later." Jungkook snaps back, you watch as Ryan clenches his jaw from across the table. "You know this guy?" Ryan asks you, his eyes narrowing into a glare as he points at your 'waiter'. You turn your head to look up at Jungkook.

Save me from this. Please. You think to yourself.

Jungkook places a comforting hand on your shoulder, looking down at you and reading your eyes like a book. "I'm assuming this date is over." Jungkook says.
"No, I don't think it is—." Ryan begins, Jungkook cuts him off. "The date is over, douchebag."

Ryan stands up from his seat and walks over to Jungkook, chest puffed out as he approaches him. He pushes Jungkook with one hand, barely phasing him and attracting the attention of some bystanders in the diner.
Jungkook smiles at Ryan, keeping his hands in his pockets, "You're embarrassing yourself."
"You really think you're the shit, pretty-boy? You in your stupid waiter uniform." Ryan laughs mockingly, pushing Jungkook again.
"No, I know I'm the shit."

Yoongi, Hoseok, Namjoon, Taehyung and Jimin all rush behind Jungkook.
Jungkook waves a hand to them, dismissively, "Back down guys, I can handle this asshole on my own."

"Call me an asshole one more time." Ryan threatens. Jungkook takes a heavy step closer to him.
"Asshole." he mutters, an untouched smile on his face.

And with that, Ryan swings a heavy arm at Jungkook, stumbling forward when he misses, barely hitting Jungkook's shoulder in the backlash. Jungkook's smile dissolves into a stone cold glare. Giving him time, he waits for Ryan to recompose his stance.

"How's this for pretty-boy?"
Jungkook punches Ryan straight across his face, knuckles tensing against his jaw as his fist forcefully swipes across it. Feeling Ryan's head turn from his touch, Jungkook's punch immediately knocks Ryan to the ground. A practically harmonious gasp erupts in the diner as Jungkook rubs his tender knuckles.

He spits on Ryan's defeated form as he lays on the floor. "I own this place, you pathetic fuck. Get out."

Embarrassed, Ryan stands up without a word and walks towards the exit. "And don't fat-shame women!" Jungkook calls out, leaving one last remark for your asshole of a date.

As the door chimes at Ryan's departure, you immediately get up from your chair and take one of Jungkook's arm, looking in his eyes.
"Jungkook oh my god, are you okay?" you ask, your eyes scattering between his knuckles, shoulder and face with worry.
He grabs your hand, "Come with me." he snarls through gritted teeth, pulling you into a back room. He walks through the door, waiting for you to follow him before shutting the door behind you.
He turns back around to face you, a hand rubbing his forehead.

"Y/N. What the hell?"
You sit yourself up on a table, sighing.
"Jungkook, I—."
"Why would you put yourself through that? That guy, whoever he was, you could do so much better." Jungkook says, leaning against a table across from you.
"Jungkook, he was just a guy from a dating app." you say.
"Couldn't you have been able to tell how he was as a person before actually going on a date with him? I had no idea you liked guys who were like that.." Jungkook says.
"No, I don't. I just.. you tried to make me jealous so I wanted to make you jealous back..." you say with a sheepish smile. Jungkook's expression drops, his lips pursing in annoyance. "Really, y/n. This was just a stupid game?! That guy could've seriously hurt you if I didn't step in." Jungkook says. His eyes soften from being annoyed to sympathetic when he realizes the hurt in your gaze.

"Wait..." Jungkook steps towards you so your faces are only inches apart. You watch as his gaze shifts from your eyes to the bruise on your cheek, his eyebrows furrowing in concern. You look to the floor.

Jungkook gently takes your chin between his second finger and thumb, lifting it. "Y/N, what happened?" Jungkook asks, you ignore him. "Look at me!" he desperately mutters as he stares at your complexion with worry. Your eyes trail back to his, "Nothing." you say coldly, shutting Jungkook out like he had done to you.

"Tell me who did this to you, I'll take care of it." Jungkook says in a sharp tone, contrasting his glossy eyes that are staring deeply into yours.

"No one, it was a skateboarding accident." you reply.
"Tell me who hurt you!—."
"Why do you care so much?" you ask with teary eyes, "You like someone else." you say.

Jungkook sighs, letting go of your chin and walking away from the table. "Y/N, we can't be together. Head chef can't date an employee."
Your eyes narrow, realizing that out of the two of you, you haven't been the only one paranoid about this rule between you.

"Is that why you've been acting so mean towards me but keeping me around?" you ask. Jungkook takes a deep sigh, turning back around to stand in front of you, "Yes."
You stifle a chuckle, "Wow. So you like someone else, but still made me work long shifts so you can talk to me and entertain your little fantasy."

Jungkook strides towards you and tries to take your hands in his but you shoo them away, looking at the ground again.

"Y/N. You're the girl I've been trying to get over."

You immediately look up at Jungkook, your eyes lighting up with optimism.
"You told me to confront the girl who was stuck in my head, so here we are." Jungkook says then chuckles.
"There was never any other girl? Just me?" You ask, a gentle grin growing on your face. Jungkook nods, smiling back. "Yes, just you, dumbass." he teases before continuing, "You can ask any of the guys, I was nagging them about you from the first day we met and you served our table." Jungkook says, trying to take your hands again. This time, you let him.

"I think it's clear that I like you, so now that the feeling is mutual.." you pull Jungkook closer to you by his hands.
"Y/N.." Jungkook sighs, moving his hands to your waist. You lift your hands to rest them at the back of his neck.

"We can't. Like I said, I'm the head chef and you're an employee." Jungkook says. You slide your hands down to the collar of his shirt, lightly tugging to fix it. "Well, aren't you a rule breaker?" you ask, a smirk growing on your lips.

Jungkook looks down at you, his eyes scanning up and down your body. You watch as he slowly licks his lips, contemplating all the ways he could go about this situation in this moment.

Just then, there's a knock on the door and Namjoon walks into the room. You both turn to look at the door, Jungkook immediately stepping away from you.
Namjoon clears his throat. "Hey guys.."
"Hey.." You and Jungkook shlyly murmur in unison.