27

"What are we going to do with y/n? She's the problem, isn't she?" Hoseok says.
"Not to sound too harsh but I really think we should fire her." Yoongi says. Jimin chuckles nervously, looking around at all of his friends as his eyes slowly widen. "You.. aren't joking. You aren't joking?!"

Namjoon sighs, shrugging, "I mean it'd avoid the diner getting any bad publicity and remove any risk of Jungkook losing his position.."
"Yeah. We'd be taking y/n's job away from her before her mistakes can do it for her." Yoongi adds.

Jimin continues to laugh nervously, "No.. you can't be serious! Jungkook doesn't like y/n! The feelings are one sided! She won't act on her emotions." he says.
"Jimin.." Taehyung pauses, giving him yet another thin-lipped smile. "Think about the big picture—."
"I am! Y/N is our best cashier and waitress. We've all been getting closer with her. She also clearly cares about Jungkook and wouldn't follow through with anything that could potentially make him lose his job." Jimin says sternly, making the men go silent. "I'm closest with y/n, trust me. We should wait things out."

The men all look to Namjoon, who's nodding. "Y/N's feelings are one-sided... fine. We'll just leave it."

"Mr.Jeon, I don't like you!" you yell. The 5 men quickly look outside from the kitchen, immediately looking to the scene you're causing in the middle of the diner. "So much for leaving it.." Hoseok says as they walk out of the kitchen.

"Y/N, I heard from Jimin that you said you have feelings for me.." Jungkook sighs, putting his hands on his hips.

I don't know how much longer I'll be able to hold in my laughter.

"I was drunk when I said that, I didn't mean it—." you begin before getting interrupted by Namjoon. "Hey! Jungkook, y/n! Why don't we take this discussion away from the middle of our busy diner!" He says with a fake grin, smiling to customers as he grabs both of you by your wrists. He drags you into a back room.
"Continue your conversation.. here." he says.
You and Jungkook stand, staring at Namjoon. "Well? Aren't you going to leave?" Jungkook asks.
"Right, sorry." Namjoon says, walking out of the room but leaning his back against the wall right outside it, eavesdropping.

"Mr.Jeon, I was drunk when I said I had feelings for you. It was all bullshit, come on." you say, knowing that Namjoon wouldn't actually leave the two of you alone to continue your conversation.
"Are you sure you aren't just lying because you're embarrassed? I really humiliated you at the dinner with our friends, and I meant what I said." Jungkook says.
You open your mouthes widely, laughing while holding back the sound of the actual laughter before continuing.
"Why would I want to be in a relationship with someone like you. You're self absorbed and obnoxious, clearly." you say, grimacing immediately after. You mouth the words, "I'm sorry." to Jungkook. He waves a hand dismissively, knowing you mean none of it.

"It's settled. We live in two different worlds, you, a humble waitress and me, an apparent rich snob who happens to be your boss." Jungkook says.
You nod, "Exactly. It'd never work out."
"Well then, should we tell the others?" Jungkook asks. Namjoon leans closer to the door, still listening.
"No. The guys need to learn to trust us by themselves, isn't it obvious we aren't dating?" you say, faking a laugh. Jungkook does the same, "You're right. They'll catch on. Now get back to your shift!" Jungkook sternly says.

As your footsteps approach the door to leave the room, Namjoon runs down the hallway and back into the kitchen as if he wasn't eavesdropping.

You walk down the hallway with Jungkook. "Was that Namjoon who just turned the corner?" You chuckle.
"Yep. I told you he's nosy." Jungkook laughs. "Good job! I didn't know you could act that well." he quietly says, taking your hand as you walk and giving it a squeeze. "You too! I was so surprised, I didn't think we could pull something like that off." you say.

Shaking out of Jungkook's grasp as you turn a corner, you both put on your fake upset expressions to make sure the others see.

"I told you, they just had a full on argument, look at them!" Namjoon whispers to the other men in the kitchen. Jimin watches as you and Jungkook continue your stunt, walking away from each other with annoyed expressions.

Jimin's POV

Those sly motherfuckers. They really pulled it off.

He thinks to himself; smiling a smug, proud-dad type smile.

Y/N's POV

"Finally, it's just us in the diner." You smile, reaching your arms up to rest your hands at the back of Jungkook's neck.

4 AM, the usual early morning shift. Still dark outside, too late for teenagers to hang out and too early for the morning workers to come get their usual coffee. The place is empty.

Jungkook smiles down at you, "I still can't believe we were able to convince Namjoon earlier with our acting. Kim Namjoon!" he says. You giggle, "I know! We finally won't have to worry about them pestering or gossiping about us anymore." you say.

"One thing we do have to worry about..." Jungkook begins, sighing, "..competition. We have people moving in next door. Apparently the people who ran the convenience store were bought out and are being replaced." Jungkook says.
"What company is moving in next door? Why would they be a threat to us?"
"They also happen to be a 24 hour diner slash café place, coincidentally." Jungkook says.
You stifle a chuckle, "Jungkook. That's no coincidence. Kim's has amazing reviews and a great reputation. Who would purposely put themselves in that position thinking they could do better?" you ask.

Jungkook walks away from you, putting his hands in his pockets as he stares out at the night sky.

"I don't know."