21

Your dad keeps his eyes covered as you quickly step away from Jungkook and slip your silk dress on.
"Okay, I have clothes on dad, you can look."
"Have you detached that guy from your neck?"
Your roll your eyes, "Yes. Look."
You pose, smiling guiltily as your dad uncovers his vision.

"I'm really hoping that you're Jungkook..?" your dad points to the sitting man. Jungkook quickly gets up from your bed, extending a hand to your father.
"Yes, sir. It's a pleasure to meet you, I've heard so many good things." Jungkook says, exchanging a firm handshake.
"So you're the boyfriend." Your dad narrows his eyes at Jungkook. Your eyebrows raise and you immediately force a chuckle, "Nothing is official yet..." you say walking up to Jungkook and taking his hand. "Now we have something to go to. Bye." you say to your dad, dragging Jungkook out of the room.

You walk down the staircase, "Oh my god, your hands are shaking!" you whisper taking both of Jungkook's hands in yours when you reach the bottom.
"I know I have this whole 'tough guy' persona but I'm actually really shy when it comes to people and things I care about.. like,  job interviews or making friends."
"Or meeting my dad?"
"Yes. Exactly that."
You sigh, "God, I can't wait for you to meet my three brothers." you say. Jungkook shuts his eyes and tilts his head back, "I forgot about them."

Jungkook smiles, sparing you a quick glance as he drives with a light grin on his face. "Y'know what? Why don't we just make it official between ourselves. I want to be your boyfriend."
"Sure! We don't have to tell anyone for it to be official, we'll just know ourselves. We're the ones in the relationship anyways." you say.
"It can be our little secret." Jungkook places his hand on your thigh, gently rubbing the soft skin beneath your dress with his thumb. "I love that." you reply.

Jungkook drives you to your destination.. well, almost to your destination. He parks a block away from the restaurant so you and him can walk into the restaurant separately without being suspected of anything.
"Remember. No flirting. And don't try anything sneaky. Jin has laser vision, I swear." you say, nervously biting your lip. Jungkook takes your hand, kissing the top of it. "I know, I know.." he sighs.
"Alright, I'm going now." you state, smiling as you turn away from Jungkook and head towards the exclusive restaurant.

Jungkook's POV

He sighs, a smug grin growing on his face as you walk away.

What's the saying? 'I hate to see you go but love to watch you leave'?... yeah. That.

He licks his lips as your hips sway from side to side, disappearing into the distance.

Y/N's—Your POV

You walk into the restaurant and immediately 'woah' in awe. The sky-high ceilings, velvet curtains, beautiful jazz music mixing among the sounds of laughter, the dimmed lights contrasting the beautiful candles scattered on the walls, matching the giant crystal chandelier that illuminates above you. It all screams luxurious.

"And your name is..?"
"Y/N. Wilkes Y/N." you say, peering at the index of A-list names. The greeter chuckles, lifting the paper closer to themselves, "No peeking, miss." she winks. You nervously chuckle, fidgeting.

What if I wasn't actually invited and Jungkook was just being polite? No, that would look weird to the others... what if I'm not on the list.

"Wilkes y/n, you're actually not on here." she says, you curse under your breath.

Just then, like a knight in shining armour, Jin appears in the corner of your eye. "Mr.Kim!" you wave. He follows your voice, smiling when your gazes meet. The greeter looks to Jin then back to you with wide eyes, "You know him?" she points to Mr.Kim, surprised as he approaches the two of you. "Yes! I worked for him for five years." you say.

"Hello miss y/n, you look lovely." Jin says, you smile at him. "Thank you, Mr.Kim. Now please tell this woman that you know me." you say. Jin furrows his brows, "You should be on the list..".

"I don't see a Wilkes Y/N on here, Sir Kim." the greeter says, tilting the list to face him.
Jin rolls his eyes, turning to you. "You introduced yourself with your own name?" he asks. You nod. "You're supposed to say you're under my name, dumbass. Look. Kim Seokjin, party of 8. There's Wilkes Y/N." Jin explains, you sheepishly chuckle.
The uniformed woman unbuckles a red velvet tube attached by two chains, letting you by.

"Thank you." you say before quickly walking away, following Jin as he laughs at you.
"I've never been to any exclusive parties or dinners, alright?" you frown. "By the way you're dressed, I'd guess otherwise." he says.
"What do you mean?"
"Look around, your attire is perfect. Classy. Good job, you're a natural." Jin says, wrapping an arm around your shoulders. He brings you over to the others.

"Heyy." you say. Hoseok, Yoongi, Jimin and Namjoon turn to face you, "Y/N!" they all cheer in chorus. They're wearing beautiful suits that you can only imagine the costs of.

"Wow." Yoongi says in disbelief, amazed.
"You look incredible." Namjoon says, side-hugging you.
"Stunning, really." Hoseok chimes in.
"You didn't come to play, darling." Jimin teases, nudging you after giving you a hug. You giggle, so thankful in this moment that Jungkook isn't here to witness all of his best friends drooling over you. "Damn, I let my hair down and throw on something decent for once and suddenly you all treat me nicely!" you joke, making them laugh.

"We're different people outside of the workplace, y/n." Namjoon grins at you.
"You're right.. it feels good not to be the waitress for once." you say, half-jokingly.
"We're not terrible bosses, y'know." Yoongi teases.
"Yeah, but you guys could never beat me. Ask y/n, she'll tell you how great of a boss I was." Jin says.

Jimin sighs, "Speaking of bosses, where the hell are Taehyung and Jungkook?" he asks. Hoseok shakes his head, clicking his tongue, "Those two are always late."

Soon, Taehyung approaches the group.
"Taehyung, there you are! Is Jungkook with you?" Namjoon asks.
"No, but I saw him leaning against his car in a random parking lot a couple blocks away." Taehyung says, your eyes widen.
"Why would he do that?" Yoongi makes a face. Hoseok gasps, "Do you guys think he's smoking cigs again?"
"No. He promised me he'd never re-start that habit." Jin says. You force laughter, "Mr.Jeon.. always up to something." you say.

"Always what?" You hear a familiar voice ask. Your eyebrows raise as you turn to find your boyfriend walking towards your table.
"Finally! We can sit down and order!" Jin says.
Jungkook says 'hi' to his best friends and coworkers, going one-by-one down the line until he reaches you.

"Hi, miss y/n. You look... nice." Jungkook says. He shakes your hand. "You too, Mr.Jeon." you smile a thin-lipped smile, as if you hadn't chosen each other's outfits.

"Let's order!"