22

You all sit together, casually talking around the large rectangular table.

(I'm a visual person, let me be HAHA)

"Why didn't you all just come together to the restaurant in one car, since you live together? Well, other than Jin of course." you ask.
"Our house is pretty big so we don't really see each other as much as you think. Plus, we get ready at different times and each have our own cars anyways." Taehyung explains.
"I think that's the douchiest thing you've ever said." Jimin says, everyone laughs.. everyone except Jungkook.

Jungkook's focus is on you and only you, his mind distracted as he admires the top half of your body.
Your chest in that low neck, loose silk dress.. your collarbones and skin gleaming beautifully under the giant chandelier's lights.. the slight exposure of your cleavage that leaves him longing for more.. your hair draping down at the sides of your gorgeous complexion. Jungkook wants it all. He wants all of you in every moment he spends near you.

Dragging out your laughter, you kick Jungkook from under the table. You glare as you watch him hold back a wince, withholding the pain you had cast on his shin. He looks to you and forces a smile, the undertones of it screaming 'fuck you' as it's clear this grin is in-genuine.

"So..." Jin watches his wine as he whisks it in his glass before turning to look at you, "Y/N. How is Jungkook as a head chef?" he asks, slightly narrowing his eyes.
"Me? Why are you asking me?" you nervously chuckle.
"..because you're the only one who isn't some sort of manager here?" Jin explains, though that isn't his real explanation, it's true.

"Oh, he's great. Like I told you over the phone, there was a bit of a rough patch in the beginning but everything seems to be turning out really well." you say.
Jin hums in satisfaction, "Good, good... what about Jungkook specifically?" he pries. You clear your throat, "Well, he's giving me fair shifts and a fair amount of breaks... we talk sometimes during night hours when things get quiet? Uh.." you pause in thought, using your little amount of acting skills to the best of their abilities, "I mean, Mr.Jeon and I have gotten kind of close? But I'm just as close with everyone else so, he's a good boss." you grin, nodding before taking a giant sip of your wine.

That was exhausting.

"I'm so glad to hear." Jin says. "This feels like one big family, right?" Jin says, everyone else nods except for you and Jungkook as you're overwhelmed from the stunt you had just pulled. "Jungkook? Y/N? We're one big family?"
"Yes! One big friendly family!" Jungkook says with a giant unconvincing smile, now also taking a large sip of his wine.

You lift your leg to kick him again.

"Ow!" Taehyung grunts, "What the fuck Yoongi?" he snarls.

Oops.

Yoongi furrows his brows, "What? I didn't do shit!"
"You kicked me, asshole."
"That was me!" you quickly interject, laughing nervously, "I meant to kick the leg of the table, it's what I do when I'm hungry." you say.

The men all exchange familiar glances before Jin lets out a deep sigh, "I'll be the one to say it. I went to acting school for a few months, and that performance was fucking terrible." Jin says, looking to you and Jungkook from his end of the table.
"Seriously, what's going on between you two?" Namjoon asks.

Jungkook lets out a loud, aggravated groan, surprising all of you. "Jesus fucking christ. Nothing is going on between me and y/n. We talk sometimes but who cares! She's just a little fucking waitress in my diner. I have to talk to my employees.. she's not even my type. I mean, look at her! Get over it!" Jungkook raises his voice, slamming the table.

Well that was awfully convincing.

Jungkook slumps back in his seat, taking a sip of his drink as everyone is stunned, processing what had just happened.
Tears welling up in your eyes, you force a smile and nod. "See? Told you nothings going on." you say as you stare Jungkook directly in his eyes, making sure he gets the message. You clear your throat. "May I be excused? I have to go to the washroom." you ask, your voice cracking.
The men all nod without a word, staying silent as you leave the table.

Jungkook's POV

Jungkook's heart aches after the performance he was just obligated to give. His choices were: temporarily hurt you and keep his job, or risk his friends finding out about the two of you and lose it.
He chose the first option.

I hated every second of that.

"Jungkook, you didn't have to completely shit on her!" Jimin says, slapping him upside the head. "Sorry, I guess my thoughts just took over my words." Jungkook sighs, knowing that isn't the truth.

Y/N's—Your POV

He didn't mean that.. right? But why did it come out so naturally?

You sit in a bathroom stall as you hold your head in your hands, sobbing.

What if he was holding those feelings back? And is just exaggerating all of the nice things he says to me so I don't suspect anything... Y/N, stop. You're letting yourself overthink again.

You calm yourself down, telling yourself that keeping a relationship secret comes with these sacrifices. What you don't know, is that Jungkook could lose his position at the diner if his friends find out. You think those cruel words Jungkook said came from pure heart since you don't know the extent of the consequences your relationship could
cause.

"Y/N.. maybe slow down on the wine?" Jimin suggests, eyeing you with concern as you chug your glass of alcohol. "You know it's bad when Jimin tells you to slow down on the alcohol" Taehyung jokes, laughing.

After you finished sobbing in the washroom, you touched up your light amount of makeup and headed back out to the dinner table. You've been staying silent, keeping to yourself and your own thoughts as you mindlessly sip away at the dinner table.

"Is she paying for the liquor bill?—."
"Shut it, Namjoon.. we can cover the expenses." Jin says. "I will." Jungkook offers, knowing he's the cause of of your drinking. Jungkook frowns as he watches your gaze blankly stare at the table below your droopy eyelids, your face flush and eyes bloodshot.
Feeling terrible that he put you in this state, Jungkook miserably continues to watch you in silence since he can't do anything about it or apologize in front of everyone, like he wishes he could.

"Immmgoing to t-take a busss-home." you slur your words, stumbling out of your seat. "T-Thank you for the lllllovely dinnerrreheehhe.... Jin! Mr.Kim! I will paypal you my sh-share and you cansplitit amongeveryoneelse." you say.

"I'll drive her home—."
"No. I'll drive her home." Jimin sternly says, interrupting Hoseok.