16

Your— Y/N's POV

"The Classic Kim's burger with a side of fries and the BLT club sandwich with Caesar salad. Enjoy your meals!" you slide three plates and a bowl onto a couple's table, handing them napkins before walking away.
As you're walking back to the kitchen, a customer grabs your arm.
"Hey, where's our order? We've been waiting for ten minutes! Isn't this place known for good service?!"
Forcing a chuckle, you shake out of the man's grasp. "I'll check with the kitchen sir." you smile.
You quickly walk away, running into the kitchen.

"Guys.. everything alright? I've gotten complaints about late meals from table six and thirteen!"
Yoongi sighs as he furiously chops up vegetables on a cutting board. "Jungkook left for a short lunch break, Namjoon, Hoseok and Jimin went off.. somewhere. We don't know but we're left here alone." he says. Taehyung nods.

"Isn't this kind of an invasion of privacy? This doesn't feel right." Hoseok nervously bites his lip
as Namjoon flips through the time frames of security footage. He dismissively waves a hand at Hoseok as he leans towards the monitor.
"It's not an invasion of privacy. We all live here. We can look at the footage if we want." Jimin smugly smiles.
"Oh my god, what if they fucked? I can't look." Hoseok walks away from the computer table, rubbing his forehead. Namjoon winces in disgust, "Please don't put that image in my head." he says. Jimin laughs.

A satisfied smirk grows on Namjoon's lips, "Found it." he mutters to himself, clicking play on the security footage.
Hoseok turns back around, peeking at the computer.
"Is she.. climbing onto his bed?" Jimin's eyes widen as they watch the security footage.
"Nevermind, nevermind." Hoseok covers his eyes, averting them from the computer screen as he walks away again.
"If they actually have sex I'll be so disappointed in Jungkook." Namjoon says, holding his head as he props his elbow on the desk; watching the dreadful footage.
"Disappointed in Jungkook? How about feeling bad for—."

"Why are you guys watching security footage of my bedroom?" Jungkook interrupts Jimin as he slowly walks into the room with a frown on his face. "I got a notification on my phone." Jungkook says. Namjoon looks back from the screen with widened eyes before Jungkook grabs the computer's mouse from him.

When Jungkook gets a good look of the screen, his face drops. "This is footage from the morning you sent y/n to convince me to come back the diner.. why are you watching it?" Jungkook asks with a clenched jaw, turning to lean against the computer table with crossed arms; facing his best friends and coworkers.

Namjoon, Hoseok and Jimin exchange frantic glances.
"Well? Someone explain!" Jungkook raises his voice.
Namjoon sighs, "Jimin suggested that something could've happened between you and y/n when she came to the house. We just wanted to check." he explains, Jungkook groans.
"Stay out of our business!"
"What business, Jungkook? The one you're supposed to be properly running, or this little fling with y/n." Namjoon pries.
"It's not a little fling!" Jungkook yells, nearly revealing his true intentions. He clears his throat, "It's not a little fling because we're friends. There is no fling. Why can't you trust me?"

The three guilty men stay silent as Jungkook aggressively eyes them, waiting for an answer.
When he doesn't receive one, he groans. "Look at the screen, for fuck's sake!" Jungkook leans out of the way of the computer screen and takes the mouse, scrolling through the footage.
"Y/N climbs on the bed.. she sits.. we talk.. I get up.. I hand her the apron.. she gets up.. and she leaves."

"Woah, woah, that's your dick!" Hoseok giggles, partially laughing from humour but also from awkwardness. Jimin's eyes are practically bulging out of their sockets at the sight on the computer screen. He turns to face Jungkook with a smirk, "Nice!" Jimin chuckles, high-fiving him.
"Thanks." Jungkook replies with a sly grin, "Anyways, I changed after y/n left the room and we went to work." Jungkook says, he shifts his gaze to stare Namjoon sternly in the eyes, "Nothing. Happened."

"..Sorry." Hoseok apologizes.
"We'll stop." Jimin says.
"Yeah. We were just concerned, you know, for the business' sake." Namjoon says. "And y/n's sake." Jimin chimes in. Jungkook's eyebrows knit but quickly unfurrow when he forces a chuckle, "What do you mean, for 'y/n's sake'?" Jungkook asks.
"I mean.. you'd break her heart. No doubt." Hoseok says.
"You don't care about the girls you date, remember player? Don't forget who fucked his way to the top of korea's businessmen." Jimin says.
"Well I did a little bit more than fuck a few women to become the best of the best." Jungkook rolls his eyes.

"We're just saying that we know that you're never emotionally invested in the romantic relationships you like to start, even if you think you are." Namjoon says. Jungkook laughs, "Good thing I don't like y/n!" he says, they all laugh. "Yep. That would end in hell." Namjoon chuckles.

"Right.. now the three of you need to get back to the diner." Jungkook says, walking out of the room.

Taking deep breaths as he walks, Jungkook suddenly finds himself paranoid by the things his friends have said, their words ringing in his mind. It has never occurred to Jungkook, even if he has good intentions, what if he hurts you without trying? Jungkook has never truly loved someone before. Not since high school when he had a girlfriend for 6 months, all before his parents forced him to date and propose to Nina.

You continuously tap a broken button on your cash register, fidgeting with it as you wait for a customer to approach you. Taehyung slowly walks by your booth, obnoxiously laughing.
"What's so funny?" you ask, chuckling at his own laughter. He turns to face you with wide eyes, "Oh! Y/N! I didn't see you there! I was just thinking about the time that Jungkook convinced a girl that he was in love with her, but actually wasn't." Taehyung laughs again. He sighs, "That ended terribly. He's such a sneaky player, isn't he?" Taehyung smiles, walking back to the kitchen. You smile until you're out of his sight, your expression pulling into a frown.

Sneaky player?

Taehyung giggles as he jogs back into the kitchen.
"Did you think I did well? Was my acting good?" Taehyung asks Yoongi. "I couldn't hear the conversation all the way from here, dumbass." Yoongi chuckles.

Jungkook never made a girl fall for him then broke her heart, or at least he never has intentionally. The story Taehyung told you was completely made up, the whole thing, a ploy.

Has Jungkook slept with several Women? Yes.
Has he tried to start a romantic relationship but failed miserably? Yes.
Has he ever tried to start a romantic relationship with the intention of ending it? No.

Jungkook is not a sick man, he's just horny and can be a bit emotionally inept when it comes to handling relationships.
But you don't know that.

ME
we need to talk:/

JUNGKOOK:)
everything alright?

Taehyung's POV

info on jungkook and y/n
YOU AND 4 OTHERS

ME
GUYS

  ME
i just told y/n a made up story
and said that jungkook purposely
broke a girl's heart and that he's
a sneaky player

ME
you're welcome😁

[JIMIN changed chat name to ABORT MISSION]

ME
  wait what

JOON
we just talked with jungkook

JOON
apparently there actually isn't
anything going on between
him and y/n🤷‍♂️

HOSEOK
omg tae😭 now y/n's gonna think
jungkook is coldhearted🥲

JIMIN
great going taetae😚🤨

ME
FUCKKK

ME
FUCKFUCKCUCK

JOON
you dumbass.

ME
SHITTY SHIT FUCK FUCK